About the Company:
Industrious is the largest premium flexible workspace provider in the U.S. with over 80 locations in more than 45 U.S. cities. Its Workplace Experience platform, which pairs thoughtfully-designed spaces with hospitality-driven services and amenities, has reshaped the concept of coworking into a scalable solution for companies of all sizes and stages. Since its founding in 2013, Industrious has helped thousands of companies scale their businesses while maintaining the highest NPS scores in the industry. For more information, visit www.industriousoffice.com.
The Fixed Assets & Inter-company Accounting Manager is responsible for all areas relating to accounting for fixed assets and the reconciliation of inter-company and intracompany transactions. This position will work closely with the Design & Construction, Procurement and Facilities departments at Industrious, and help these teams account for capital projects by maintaining the fixed asset ledgers. Responsibilities include preparing journal entries, account reconciliations, and reviewing variances in order to maintain accurate and complete records of fixed assets. This individual is also responsible for the accurate and timely processing of approved fixed asset vendor invoices, collaboration with business partners to understand capital projects, and maintaining proper internal control procedures. This position addresses tight deadlines and a multitude of accounting activities including financial reporting, year-end audit preparation and the support of budget and forecast activities. The Accounting Manager will have close contact with a wide range of staff and management which requires strong interpersonal communication skills both written and verbal.
- Monthly reconciliation of all fixed assets and depreciation schedules
- Assist in the creation/development of the Fixed Assets module in NetSuite
- Proficient knowledge of Inventory, Fixed Assets Accounting and GAAP
- Responsible for the preparation of intercompany workpapers including elimination schedules and reconciliations
- Prepare fixed asset rollforward for each location
- Maintain and review fixed assets
- Record fixed asset acquisitions and dispositions
- Review and update the detailed schedule of fixed assets and accumulated depreciation
- Calculate depreciation for all fixed assets
- Conduct periodic physical inventory counts of fixed assets
- Supports budget and forecasting activities.
- Develop and implementation of new processes, systems and procedures to enhance the workflow and efficiency of the department
- Responds to inquiries from the CFO and other finance and firm wide staff/managers regarding financial matters
- Manage the entire fixed assets and intercompany functions to ensure a clean and timely year end audit
- Safeguard the company’s assets and cashflows by establishing effective internal controls
- Follow and comply with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) for financial statements
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business with an emphasis in Accounting. A Certified Public Accountant (CPA) qualification is preferred.
- 4-7 years of related experience
- Previous experience as an accountant, accounting supervisor, or manager
- Proficiency with accounting software and experience with a software system implementation a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting best practices, laws, standards, and state/national regulations as well as GAAP
- Ability to work autonomously and multi-task large projects
In addition to our incredible team, there are lots of other fun reasons to work with us.
- Daily breakfast, snacks, coffee, tea, and drinks at all Industrious locations
- Health care, including vision and dental
- Learning & development grant
- 401K plan
- Smart casual dress code
- Generous vacation time
- Paid parental leave
- Team outings and annual company-wide offsite
Industrious in the News:
- How Industrious is changing the coworking Industry
- Industrious CEO Sees Company as Less Risky Than WeWork