About the Company:
Industrious is the largest premium flexible workspace provider in the U.S. with over 80 locations in more than 45 U.S. cities. Its Workplace Experience platform, which pairs thoughtfully-designed spaces with hospitality-driven services and amenities, has reshaped the concept of coworking into a scalable solution for companies of all sizes and stages. Since its founding in 2013, Industrious has helped thousands of companies scale their businesses while maintaining the highest NPS scores in the industry. For more information, visit www.industriousoffice.com.
As the Senior Director of Real Estate - Europe, you will help shape and execute Industrious’ international growth strategy. You will be directly responsible for building your team's pipeline of landlord partnerships across a range of deal structures, while owning some of the company's most complex transactions.
This is a unique opportunity to join a high performing team in the early stages of its expansion, in a highly entrepreneurial, high-visibility role with significant growth potential. The successful candidate has considerable business development and transactional experience, commercial real estate knowledge, managerial experience, and a strong work ethic.
This role will initially report to the SVP of Real Estate and be based in either London or Amsterdam.
- Be a senior leader to support the growth and execution of the country team
- Develop, refine and communicate clear growth strategies and plans for your target markets and/or national landlord partners
- Build and develop relationships with landlords, brokers, and other decision-makers to effectively communicate our value proposition and source transactions
- Oversee your team's pipeline to maintain viable opportunities at the top, middle and bottom of the funnel to achieve designated goals; analyze performance to identify opportunities and gaps
- Hire, train and manage a team of 2-5 people initially, while cultivating a supportive and ambitious team environment
- Negotiate and execute complex transactions to deliver superior risk-adjusted returns and thoughtful solutions to Industrious and our landlord partners
- Collaborate cross functionally to advance site selection, design and construction planning, Investment Committee approval, negotiation, and internal deal onboarding
- Drive strategic cross-functional initiatives and develop tools / processes that support the company and scale growth
- 10+ years of relevant leadership experience in commercial real estate, with demonstrated success in business development and sales/acquisition leadership roles
- Strong financial modeling, underwriting and other analytical skills
- Proven track record of building successful relationships with landlords, developers and brokers in a transactional capacity
- Experience as a senior leader in a remote office
- High emotional intelligence with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Excellent judgment, project management, and problem-solving skills
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Willingness to travel up to 50% of the time
In addition to our incredible team, there are lots of other fun reasons to work with us.
- Daily breakfast, snacks, coffee, tea, and drinks at all Industrious locations
- Health care, including vision and dental
- Learning & development grant
- 401K plan
- Smart casual dress code
- Generous vacation time
- Paid parental leave
- Team outings and annual company-wide offsite
Industrious in the News:
- How Industrious is changing the coworking Industry
- Industrious CEO Sees Company as Less Risky Than WeWork