About the Company:
Industrious is the largest premium flexible workspace provider in the U.S. with over 80 locations in more than 45 U.S. cities. Its Workplace Experience platform, which pairs thoughtfully-designed spaces with hospitality-driven services and amenities, has reshaped the concept of coworking into a scalable solution for companies of all sizes and stages. Since its founding in 2013, Industrious has helped thousands of companies scale their businesses while maintaining the highest NPS scores in the industry. For more information, visit www.industriousoffice.com.
At Industrious, product is everything.
Our product is the experience of our customers, from the moment they learn about us to the day they leave. Our product is the physical design of our spaces, the walls we put up, the breakfast bar in the cafe, the couches in our common areas. Our product is the website people use to find us and the digital tools we provide once they’re a member.
The Product Team is responsible for setting the vision and strategy for our suite of products that elevate the workplace experience and drive business outcomes.
The Director of Product Design (Workplace) will be a key leader of our product team and will work closely with our Product Managers, Products Designers, strategy team and cross-functional teams to develop and deliver great products to our customers. The Director of Product Design will manage the strategic design direction of our workplace products and lead our product design team to deliver on the goals that drive our product vision.
You will report to the VP of Product, working closely with business stakeholders and leadership to optimize our product offering and seek out new ideas that solve real problems.
Who you are:
- You are an experienced design leader with a demonstrable passion for building user-centered spaces and experiences.
- You are a communicator and manager, able to share your design concepts and vision clearly and convincingly.
- You are adept at prioritization, even in the face of multiple conflicting or ambiguous inputs.
- You are a creative problem solver, using insights from customer research, competitive intelligence, and internal data to propose design experiences that directly address customer and business pain points.
- You are excited to solve product challenges that merge digital technology and physical design and you are driven to work at the cross-section of these domains.
- Serve as a product leader, working closely with our executive team, product stakeholders, and customers to create innovative design solutions from concept to delivery.
- Manage the strategic direction and priorities for the design of our Workplace products.
- Manage meetings with internal / external team members and project stakeholders defining key goals and objectives.
- Manage the development of design deliverables (conceptual drawings, diagrams and presentation proposals) that articulate product design requirements that are viable, feasible and desirable.
- Manage initiatives and special projects, as required, in support of departmental and business objectives.
- Provide thought leadership in the area of design through knowledge sharing, participation and facilitation to help evolve our workplace, the people within it and the technologies used.
- Help us grow an incredible product culture.
- 10+ years of relevant work experience in architecture and product design at a strategic level.
- Bachelor Degree in Architecture or equivalent design field.
- Extensive knowledge in managing design teams and processes at scale. Comfort
- Ability to manage a team of product designers and set the strategic direction and guidance for all team members.
- Ability to switch between tactical execution, high-level strategic planning and innovation sessions with internal and external partners.
- Excellent oral and written presentation skills.
- Excellent visualization and rendering skills.
- Strong leadership and relationship management skills.
- Excels at problem solving with excellent analytical, quantitative, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Process oriented and capacity to assess and shift priorities as required in order to ensure deadlines are met.
- Excellent knowledge and experience with Revit.
- Excellent knowledge of and skills in utilizing AutoCAD software, Revit, Adobe Creative Suite, Rhino, Grasshopper, Dynamo, Microsoft Excel and the Google Drive system.
In addition to our incredible team, there are lots of other fun reasons to work with us.
- Daily breakfast, snacks, coffee, tea, and drinks at all Industrious locations
- Health care, including vision and dental
- Learning & development grant
- 401K plan
- Smart casual dress code
- Generous vacation time
- Paid parental leave
- Team outings and annual company-wide offsite
Industrious in the News:
- How Industrious is changing the coworking Industry
- Industrious CEO Sees Company as Less Risky Than WeWork