About the Company:
Industrious is the largest premium flexible workspace provider in the U.S. with over 80 locations in more than 45 U.S. cities. Its Workplace Experience platform, which pairs thoughtfully-designed spaces with hospitality-driven services and amenities, has reshaped the concept of coworking into a scalable solution for companies of all sizes and stages. Since its founding in 2013, Industrious has helped thousands of companies scale their businesses while maintaining the highest NPS scores in the industry. For more information, visit www.industriousoffice.com.
About the Role:
Industrious is a high-growth company and leader in the Workplace as a Service sector. The Corporate Development team is a transaction focused team, working on a range of deals that are at the forefront of the company’s strategy to be a leading industry player.
The Director of Corporate Development will accelerate Industrious’ growth through fundraising throughout the capital structure, leading/supporting M&A transactions, and wear the finance hat across a range of strategic projects. He/she has extensive experience managing multiple projects, departments and external relationships.
Main workstreams include:
- IPO readiness
- Private round fundraising across the capital structure (equity, debt, mezzanine)
- Investor relations
This is a highly visible position across the organization and will work closely with the C-suite.The role is based at our headquarters in Union Square, New York and reports directly to the VP of Corporate Development.
This is a good fit for you if:
- You have experience in structuring complex deals as the principal negotiator. Those deals could be an acquisition, the terms of a private funding round or mezzanine loan, or a complex strategic partnership. You are particularly good at understanding both the company’s and the counterparty’s objectives with the transaction, and know how to navigate those differences into a successful outcome for both parties.
- You enjoy persuading others and have command over a range of tools to do so, whether it be complex financial analysis, a simple narrative across Powerpoint slides, or creating a back of the envelope framework to attack a problem
- You are great at developing relationships both within the company as well as with external stakeholders, whether that be a potential investor or an M&A target
- You don’t want to be pigeon-holed in a box as the “M&A person” or the “fundraising person.” While you do have expertise in one or all of those areas, you want a role where you can leverage that expertise into learning about and contributing to a range of strategic priorities at a high growth company.
- You keep things on track. Acquisitions and fundraising transactions have a lot of moving parts, and you are good at making sure that the team is focusing on the right workstreams that move it forward.
- You’re an Industrious culture add. What that means is you take a lot of ownership in your role, are extremely collaborative in nature, and are always looking for ways where you, your colleagues, and the company can be better every day.
What we might see on your CV (not all requisites, but just to give you an idea of the profile we are looking for)
- 5-10 years of experience in investment banking, venture capital, and/or private equity
- An MBA
- Experience in structuring complex M&A transactions as well as project managing those deals across the finish line
- Experience (either directly or tangentially) in the fundraising process and investor relations, including close interaction with a wide range of investor types (private equity venture, crossover, public investors)
- Experience in identifying, assessing and prioritizing growth opportunities through a nuanced understanding of the company’s strategy, financial and industry analysis
In addition to our incredible team, there are lots of other fun reasons to work with us.
- Daily breakfast, snacks, coffee, tea, and drinks at all Industrious locations
- Health care, including vision and dental
- Learning & development grant
- 401K plan
- Smart casual dress code
- Generous vacation time
- Paid parental leave
- Team outings and annual company-wide offsite
Industrious in the News:
- How Industrious is changing the coworking Industry
- Industrious CEO Sees Company as Less Risky Than WeWork