About the Company:
Industrious is the largest premium flexible workspace provider in the U.S. with over 80 locations in more than 45 U.S. cities. Its Workplace Experience platform, which pairs thoughtfully-designed spaces with hospitality-driven services and amenities, has reshaped the concept of coworking into a scalable solution for companies of all sizes and stages. Since its founding in 2013, Industrious has helped thousands of companies scale their businesses while maintaining the highest NPS scores in the industry. For more information, visit www.industriousoffice.com.
As the Senior Accountant, you will work as part of a lean team and be responsible for completing various operational finance tasks in relation to accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll, cash, journal entries and financial reporting. You will be a critical member of the Finance team and have broad exposure across all areas of the business as you work with the various business segments to ensure all transactions are booked in a timely and accurate manner. Your work will be vital to helping us scale into an international brand that transforms the way work is done.
You’ll be part of an elite team, enjoy unrivaled responsibility and drive outsized impact. Your work will impact the experience that thousands of members have on a daily basis as they come to work in our various locations.
The role is based in New York City and will report to the Director of Accounting.
- Provide leadership to the accounting operations and financial reporting function by helping to build, streamline, automate and continuously improve processes and controls
- Participate in the month-end close process and complete reconciliations for accounts
- Approve journal entries prepared by accountants
- Prepare journal entries
- Conduct US GAAP accounting analysis for new transactions or agreements
- Analyze financial results (ex. budget vs. actual, month-to-month variances)
- Assist with system implementations, including helping to train employees and resolve issues
- Coach and develop junior accounting staff
- Recommend process improvements to the Director of Accounting
- Assist with annual financial audit
- Perform any ad hoc requests as they come up
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance
- 3-5 years of direct experience in accounting related functions
- CPA is a plus
- Experience with ERP systems such as Netsuite
- Experience with real estate accounting or intercompany transactions is a plus
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to interact effectively and professionally with management, vendors, colleagues and members
- Strong analytical disposition with high attention to detail, accuracy and organization
- Creative thinker and problem solver
- Proven ability to meet deadlines
- Strong Microsoft Office skills set
- Ambitious and determined to make a difference in a fast-paced environment
In addition to our incredible team, there are lots of other fun reasons to work with us.
- Daily breakfast, snacks, coffee, tea, and drinks at all Industrious locations
- Health care, including vision and dental
- Learning & development grant
- 401K plan
- Smart casual dress code
- Generous vacation time
- Paid parental leave
- Team outings and annual company-wide offsite
Industrious in the News:
- How Industrious is changing the coworking Industry
- Industrious CEO Sees Company as Less Risky Than WeWork