About the Company:
Industrious is the largest premium flexible workspace provider in the U.S. with over 80 locations in more than 45 U.S. cities. Its Workplace Experience platform, which pairs thoughtfully-designed spaces with hospitality-driven services and amenities, has reshaped the concept of coworking into a scalable solution for companies of all sizes and stages. Since its founding in 2013, Industrious has helped thousands of companies scale their businesses while maintaining the highest NPS scores in the industry. For more information, visit www.industriousoffice.com.
About the Role:
As a rapidly scaling business with an ever-expanding real estate portfolio, Industrious is looking for a business-savvy real estate and construction lawyer to join the in house legal team. Reporting to the Director of Legal, the successful candidate will have the chance to make a material difference for a company that lies squarely in the crossroads of hospitality, real estate and tech. As a key member of Industrious’s legal team, the candidate will make a meaningful impact on our rapidly-growing company during a key period of expansion of our real estate portfolio.
- Review, negotiate and close leases and management agreements in jurisdictions across the country and internationally.
- Manage the company’s real estate portfolio, addressing issues as they arise and drafting and negotiating applicable attendant documents (SNDAs, guaranties, letters of credit, estoppel letters, amendments).
- Review, negotiate and finalize construction contracts, including architect contracts, general contractor contracts and millwork contracts.
- Navigate complex real estate and construction structures, advising the company on legal and, where applicable, tax risks.
- Establish systems to ensure company compliance with real estate and construction contract requirements and applicable laws.
- Develop, maintain and improve Industrious real estate and construction agreement standards and template forms.
- Provide guidance to the real estate and construction teams, answering questions and making recommendations for best practices and processes. Act as lead legal liaison to the construction department.
- Provide guidance to finance, operations and other internal teams regarding the Industrious portfolio of leases, management contracts and construction contracts
- Support the Director of Legal and your fellow Real Estate Counsel as needed in a variety of matters that come before the company on a regular basis.
- 5+ years of experience in commercial real estate and construction contract negotiation. Mix of law firm and in-house experience in a real estate and/or construction capacity strongly preferred.
- Experience with management agreements, either in the hotel industry or otherwise, strongly preferred.
- Proven ability to negotiate a high volume of leases, management agreements and construction contracts from LOI through closing with minimal support from external counsel.
In addition to our incredible team, there are lots of other fun reasons to work with us.
- Daily breakfast, snacks, coffee, tea, and drinks at all Industrious locations
- Health care, including vision and dental
- Learning & development grant
- 401K plan
- Smart casual dress code
- Generous vacation time
- Paid parental leave
- Team outings and annual company-wide offsite
Industrious in the News:
- How Industrious is changing the coworking Industry
- Industrious CEO Sees Company as Less Risky Than WeWork