About the Company:
Industrious is the largest premium flexible workspace provider in the U.S. with over 80 locations in more than 40 U.S. cities. Its Workplace Experience platform, which pairs thoughtfully-designed spaces with hospitality-driven services and amenities, has reshaped the concept of coworking into a scalable solution for companies of all sizes and stages. Since its founding in 2013, Industrious has helped thousands of companies scale their businesses while maintaining the highest NPS scores in the industry. For more information, visit www.industriousoffice.com.
About the Role
Scaling any business as rapidly as we are is exciting and challenging. We’re lucky to be starting with a product we know thousands of people across the country love, a strong financial position, and a team of fantastic people. Your role as a National Launcher is to ensure Industrious’ continued performance via setting our locations up to succeed with a focus on our sales process.
On the Launch Team, our roles change rapidly to keep up with the pace our front line business: accordingly, this job will be a flexible one that stretches to accommodate the company’s goals. This role will be a combination of sales coaching, funnel pipeline diagnosis and consulting, executing of in-person & virtual sales, amongst other activities to support the successful launches of our new locations and ramps of our existing ones. You’ll be spending as much as 90% of your time traveling to consult in-person with our local teams. This includes everything from delivering & closing top-notch tours yourself, being able to coach others to get to their personal best, whilst providing support to our virtual sales team. You’ll be doing deep dives into local marketing plans & assessing the best way to drive top of funnel activity in a highly customized manner, mapping out immediate next steps while also ingraining local teams with the tools needed to operate independently.
This role enables our ability to scale & ramp at Industrious and requires someone who is excited about the opportunity to operate with autonomy to deliver tangible results.
This role can be based in NY, Atlanta, LA or Chicago.
You are a great fit for this role if:
- You love making a sale: You really enjoy sharing a product you care about with people who might benefit from it. You have a knack for educating others and getting them excited about a new concept. Your instincts for understanding others’ needs, your excellent communication skills, and your tenacity combine to make you a great salesperson.
- You have a track record of coaching others to succeed: You have a knack for assessing the strengths of others and knowing how best to highlight them. You have a thoughtful sales philosophy that is transmutable to others, and you have seen others improve their own sales abilities due to your tutelage.
- You have proven local marketing experience launching something: You know what it’s like to land in a new place, learn up on the local community, and get to work. You know how to find people and organizations that matter and how to convert those relationships into awareness and leads. You have tons of creative ideas for local marketing and activation. Your understanding of a sales funnel has enabled you to hone in exactly where you’re most needed.
- You have an ability to connect: Customers, partners and our local teams are what make this business run. You have the charisma to serve as the face of our business and are as comfortable discussing membership opportunities with senior business leaders as you are coaching a new community manager on the nuances of our sales process or influencing one of our broker partners. This ability should stretch to how you work cross-functionally with other teams as well. We are founded on a principle of hospitality, and you are able to imbue that into your everyday interactions.
- You are an energetic, creative, go-getter with excellent judgment under pressure: The challenges you will face when growing a location’s member base are massive, varied and constant. You might find yourself opening at the same time as a competitor who is giving away office space, or having to manage our founding members’ expectations with a construction permit delay. As a Launcher, you need to thrive in situations where you’re solving problems no one has solved before, especially when it’s on you to solve them quickly and with judgment that reflects Industrious’ values
- You are excited about a busy travel schedule: Launchers will spend a lot of time away from home, in cities they haven’t necessarily been to before. This is a job for someone who is excited to go to new places, often on very little notice; someone willing and able to truly immerse themselves in a new city and a new set of challenges, quickly and deeply.
- You have been held accountable to ambitious sales goals & met them
- You are a team player who is motivated by the success of others
- You are flexible to travel a majority of the time
In addition to our incredible team, there are lots of other fun reasons to work with us.
- Daily breakfast, snacks, coffee, tea, and drinks at all Industrious locations
- Health care, including vision and dental
- 401K plan
- Smart casual dress code
- Generous vacation time
- Paid parental leave
- Team outings (ex. Dinners, rock climbing, yoga classes and more!)
- Company-wide outings and retreats (previous locations have included New Orleans & the Hamptons)
Industrious in the News:
- Meet Industrious CEO: The Entrepreneur That Raised $150 Million To Take On WeWork
- There's a new use for America's dying malls: co-working
- Industrious Buys TechSpace, Adding Seven New Locations to Portfolio