About the Company:
Industrious is the largest premium flexible workspace provider in the U.S. with over 80 locations in more than 45 U.S. cities. Its Workplace Experience platform, which pairs thoughtfully-designed spaces with hospitality-driven services and amenities, has reshaped the concept of coworking into a scalable solution for companies of all sizes and stages. Since its founding in 2013, Industrious has helped thousands of companies scale their businesses while maintaining the highest NPS scores in the industry. For more information, visit www.industriousoffice.com.
We are currently looking for a candidate to join our national design team as a Design Associate. The successful applicant will work closely with Design Managers, Designers, and the broader Industrious Design, Construction and Facilities Team.
At Industrious we believe in the power of design to create a lasting, valuable impact on the quality of people's' daily experiences at work. We also believe that a successful design project is as much the physical fusion of function and form, as it is the successful combination of excellence in construction, hospitality and operations. The Design Associate role is a fantastic opportunity to further develop your design skills and gain broader exposure to the real estate, construction and hospitality industries.
This role is based in New York City and reports to a Design Manager.
- Manage and lead design projects within a pre-defined scope and budget
- Support on projects under Designer guidance
- 3D modeling in Rhino, Sketch-Up and Revit
- Create V-Ray/Photoshop renderings
- Draft complete SD and DD drawing packages
- Develop interior FFE layouts
- Process and help manage FFE orders
- Develop and maintain project schedules
- Coordinate RFIs with local architects/contractors
- Review and approve project submittals
- Iterate custom design pieces and oversee prototype fabrication
- Research new products
- Manage design needs for a portfolio of existing Industrious locations
- 1-3 years of professional experience in architecture or a closely related design field
- Experience in hospitality, commercial and retail interior design or architecture
- Proficient in AutoCAD, Sketchup, Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign (Rhino/Grasshopper and Revit skills are a plus)
- Ability to prepare, develop and edit drawings and models
- Organized, reliable and able to clearly articulate design ideas
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- High level of initiative and creative problem-solving, with a positive, team-oriented attitude
In addition to our incredible team, there are lots of other fun reasons to work with us.
- Daily breakfast, snacks, coffee, tea, and drinks at all Industrious locations
- Health care, including vision and dental
- Learning & development grant
- 401K plan
- Smart casual dress code
- Generous vacation time
- Paid parental leave
- Team outings and annual company-wide offsite
Industrious in the News:
- Meet Industrious CEO: The Entrepreneur That Raised $150 Million To Take On WeWork
- There's a new use for America's dying malls: co-working
- Industrious Buys TechSpace, Adding Seven New Locations to Portfolio