About the Company:
Industrious is the largest premium flexible workspace provider in the U.S. with over 80 locations in more than 45 U.S. cities. Its Workplace Experience platform, which pairs thoughtfully-designed spaces with hospitality-driven services and amenities, has reshaped the concept of coworking into a scalable solution for companies of all sizes and stages. Since its founding in 2013, Industrious has helped thousands of companies scale their businesses while maintaining the highest NPS scores in the industry. For more information, visit www.industriousoffice.com.
About the Role:
Industrious is hiring a Facilities Capex Manager to join our team to deliver high-impact customer experience initiatives for thousands of members. As a Facilities Special Projects Manager you will be responsible for managing the development and execution of commercial interior projects for our acquisitions, capital improvements, and standalone build-outs for our Canvas members. You will work closely with our Construction-Special Project Manager on renovations and liaison with other cross-functional departments such as Operations, Design, and Procurement. You must excel at interfacing with existing operating location teams by delivering proactive and clear communication. Success will mean providing stellar project management which will lead to the happier, more productive, and more connected workplace for thousands of customers. The ideal person will be hungry for meaningful and challenging responsibility at a rapidly-growing company. This role is based out of NYC and will report to the Facilities Director.
- Lead Facilities support for internal project management processes unique to acquisitions, CapEx and Enterprise projects and working closely with Design, Construction, Procurement, Finance and Unit Operations.
- Deliver quality projects on time and on budget. Proactively track variances and manage within the target and with strong analytical skills to identify savings opportunities.
- Help develop scopes of work based on approved CapEx budgets and operations requests.
- Negotiate facilities contracts and fees, coordinate the bidding process, project cost estimates and manage value engineering strategies.
- Develop and maintain tracking tools, checklists, and standard operating procedures.
- Lead establishment of contracts to ensure cross-departmental alignment with respect to processes and policies for contract development, approval, execution, and management.
- Analyze risks and set-up risk mitigation plan: Proceed to RFP’s, Negotiate commercial terms and conditions, Participate in audits (if needed) and select final vendors.
- Responsible to provide timely project status and budgeting reports to the local and national team to ensure all stakeholders are aware of the status.
- 3 - 5 years of work experience in facilities or business operations
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 20-25% for early project planning and execution
- Ability to influence, motivate and collaborate across all functional business lines
- Exceptional organizational and multitasking skills
- Ability to connect well with people and mediate cross-functionally
- Enjoys continuous change and improvement
- Prior manager leadership experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; strong presentation skills as this role requires the ability to communicate and connect with all levels of the organization
In addition to our incredible team, there are lots of other fun reasons to work with us.
- Daily breakfast, snacks, coffee, tea, and drinks at all Industrious locations
- Health care, including vision and dental
- Learning & development grant
- 401K plan
- Smart casual dress code
- Generous vacation time
- Paid parental leave
- Team outings and annual company-wide offsite
Industrious in the News:
- Meet Industrious CEO: The Entrepreneur That Raised $150 Million To Take On WeWork
- There's a new use for America's dying malls: co-working
- Industrious Buys TechSpace, Adding Seven New Locations to Portfolio