About the Company:
Industrious is the largest premium flexible workspace provider in the U.S. with over 80 locations in more than 40 U.S. cities. Its Workplace Experience platform, which pairs thoughtfully-designed spaces with hospitality-driven services and amenities, has reshaped the concept of coworking into a scalable solution for companies of all sizes and stages. Since its founding in 2013, Industrious has helped thousands of companies scale their businesses while maintaining the highest NPS scores in the industry. For more information, visit www.industriousoffice.com.
About the Role:
As a Junior Staff Accountant you will be responsible for preparing, reviewing and analyzing the financial statements for a range of company locations. You will own the Profit and Loss Account, Balance Sheet and Cashflow Statement for the entities/properties allocated to you. You will contribute to the Finance Team's efforts to lead the company to a more streamlined and controlled operation as it grows rapidly. You will be a critical member of the Finance team and have broad exposure across all areas of the business as you work with the various business segments and will share the responsibility to ensure all financial statements are timely, accurate and fit for purpose. Your work will be vital to helping us scale into an international brand that transforms the way work is done.
The role is based in New York City and reports directly to the Accounting Manager.
We kindly request that you do not call Industrious locations for employment inquiries.
- Prepare high quality financial statements for your entities/locations:
- Book/supervise the booking of all transactions
- Prepare/supervise the preparation of all reconciliations
- Understand all unit financial and operational business drivers
- Manage customer billing, A/R and revenue recognition
- Manage vendor invoices, A/P and expense recognition
- Complete and communicate monthly variance analysis (actual vs. budget)
- Recommend process improvements to the Controller
- File 1099’s and update W-9’s as needed
- Perform any ad hoc requests as they come up
- BS/BA in Accounting or equivalent with 1+ years of direct experience in the field
- Experience with ERP systems such as Netsuite
- Experience with complex legal structures and intercompany transactions a plus
- Proven ability to meet deadlines
- Extremely strong attention to detail and exceptionally organized
- Strong Microsoft Office skill-set
- Ambitious and determined to make a difference in a fast-paced environment
In addition to our incredible team, there are lots of other fun reasons to work with us.
- Daily breakfast, snacks, coffee, tea, and drinks at all Industrious locations
- Health care, including vision and dental
- Learning & development grant
- 401K plan
- Smart casual dress code
- Generous vacation time
- Paid parental leave
- Team outings and annual company-wide offsite
Industrious in the News:
- Meet Industrious CEO: The Entrepreneur That Raised $150 Million To Take On WeWork
- There's a new use for America's dying malls: co-working
- Industrious Buys TechSpace, Adding Seven New Locations to Portfolio