About the Company:
Industrious is the largest premium flexible workspace provider in the U.S. with over 80 locations in more than 40 U.S. cities. Its Workplace Experience platform, which pairs thoughtfully-designed spaces with hospitality-driven services and amenities, has reshaped the concept of coworking into a scalable solution for companies of all sizes and stages. Since its founding in 2013, Industrious has helped thousands of companies scale their businesses while maintaining the highest NPS scores in the industry. For more information, visit www.industriousoffice.com.
About the Role:
The Design Studio team is responsible for designing and developing visually stunning, highly functional spaces which make our members proud and excited to come to work every day. The team sits at the nexus of many other cross-functional groups at Industrious which affords its members the unique opportunity to learn about and influence the company’s rapid growth. Together, each day we innovate beautiful design solutions while also re-inventing the ways in which we collaborate … only at Industrious can you be a part of this incredibly creative process!
We are currently seeking a candidate to join our national design team as a Design Manager. Design Managers act as team leads and are responsible for all design aspects of our projects. They lead design team members through the design development process, develop high-quality design and construction documents through hands-on work, and coordinate all project issues with architects and consultants. In this role you will report to the Director of Design Studio while directly managing a team of designers and working closely with the Industrious Construction, Product, Real Estate, Enterprise, Hospitality, and Unit Ops teams.
At Industrious we believe in the power of design to create a lasting, valuable impact on the quality of peoples' daily experiences at work. This is a fantastic opportunity to further develop your design and management skills and gain broader exposure to the real estate, construction, and hospitality industries.
This role is based in Manhattan, NY.
Responsibilities will include:
- Lead designers in execution of a joint portfolio of 40+ projects each year, ensuring alignment with predefined scope, budget, and schedule goals
- Lead design team initiatives to meet quarterly company objectives
- Develop cross-functional processes and relationships to elevate quality of project delivery
- Prepare Space Planning, Schematic Design, and Design Development presentations to present to internal and external parties
- Oversee peer review of Construction Documents and be proficient in redlining drawings
- Prepare 3D models in Sketch-Up and Revit and create V-Ray/Photoshop renderings
- Develop and manage interior FFE layouts and orders
- Coordinate RFIs with local architects/contractors
- Review and approve project submittals
- Conduct material research and meet vendors as necessary to understand materials/products
- Iterate custom design pieces and oversee prototype fabrication
- 8+ years of professional experience in architecture or interior design
- Highly skilled in Revit and AutoCAD
- Proficient in Sketch-up, Rhino, V-Ray, and Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience leading design project teams for workplace and/or hospitality clients
- Ability to prepare, develop, and edit drawings and models
- Ability to direct and prioritize team members
- Organized, reliable, and able to clearly articulate design ideas
- Ability to present articulately and confidently to a variety of audiences
In addition to our incredible team, there are lots of other fun reasons to work with us.
- Daily breakfast, snacks, coffee, tea, and drinks at all Industrious locations
- Health care, including vision and dental
- Learning & development grant
- 401K plan
- Smart casual dress code
- Generous vacation time
- Paid parental leave
- Team outings and annual company-wide offsite
Industrious in the News:
- Meet Industrious CEO: The Entrepreneur That Raised $150 Million To Take On WeWork
- There's a new use for America's dying malls: co-working
- Industrious Buys TechSpace, Adding Seven New Locations to Portfolio