About the Company:
Industrious is the largest premium flexible workspace provider in the U.S. with over 80 locations in more than 40 U.S. cities. Its Workplace Experience platform, which pairs thoughtfully-designed spaces with hospitality-driven services and amenities, has reshaped the concept of coworking into a scalable solution for companies of all sizes and stages. Since its founding in 2013, Industrious has helped thousands of companies scale their businesses while maintaining the highest NPS scores in the industry. For more information, visit www.industriousoffice.com.
About the Role:
The Director of Analytics role at Industrious is a critical role responsible for driving analytics & self-service reporting across our network of operations. You will focus on conceptualizing and systematizing how we uncover data-driven insights that grow our business and improve our members’ experience, and you will manage a team to execute that vision.
This role will directly influence big strategic questions and core business outcomes. Where should we put the next Industrious location? How should we price our spaces? What is the connection between our approach to hospitality and our net promoter score? How do we improve our marketing funnel? Sometimes you’ll be the first person ever to think through a question, requiring the ability to figure out the approach, execute the first analysis, and share what it means for the business. Other times you’ll build on an existing approach, working with other members of our team to level up our processes and build tools that will scale with us as we grow.
This is an amazing role for a curious, analytical mind who is excited to join a rapidly growing team, touch all elements of the business, and build the foundation for the way we approach analytics and insights going forward.
You are a great fit for this role if:
- You know how to zoom between the nitty-gritty and the big picture: you love the details, but you can also take a step back and see what it all means in the big picture of the business.
- You enjoy building a team of high-performing analysts: you know the skills and experience needed to assemble a high-performing analytics team, and enjoy managing them those individuals to achieve their full potential.
- You like building tools & supporting infrastructure: the best analysis is great, but building self-service tools that replicate that analysis in a way others can use is even better. You have a knack for conceptualizing tools, processes, and systems with a track record to show for it.
- You take pride in your technical analytical skills: you’re the one your friends call when they need help, whether in Excel or SQL
- You are a really good verbal and written communicator: in a team of our size that’s growing as fast as it is, making sure that everyone has the information they need to make good decisions is paramount. You’re someone who can translate what you’re seeing in the data into actionable insights for all of our teams, whether you’re presenting in a meeting or writing an email.
- Lead and project manage analytical initiatives (e.g. site selection, office pricing) that affect all the business units: Ops + Sales, Marketing, Customer Experience, Real Estate, Design and Construction, Product, and Finance
- Own and build the roadmap for data projects, both client-facing projects (internal and external clients) and internal infrastructure or data collection projects
- Lead and manage a growing team of analysts
- Partner with teammates from each of the business units to identify key performance metrics. Build, develop and maintain data models, reporting systems, that enable self-service reporting of these key metrics
- Lead cross-functional projects using advanced data analysis techniques to discover insights that will guide strategic decisions and uncover optimization opportunities.
- Own the full data ecosystem at Industrious (data pipelines, data models, data warehouse, business intelligence platform)
- Expert in full stack analytics, with 5+ years of experience in data pipelines (Stitch/Fivetran), data modeling (dbt), data warehouses (Redshift/Snowflake/Bigquery), and business intelligence platforms (Tableau/Looker/Periscope). Strong Excel skills.
- 8+ prior years of experience, including 4+ years of managing a team of analysts
- Experience managing cross-functional projects and teams
- Good communication skills that enable you to distill complex systems, processes, or analyses into understandable terms
- Ability to balance long-term strategic planning with tactical analytical & reporting requests
- Strong attention to detail
- Experience with Python and/or R for model building
In addition to our incredible team, there are lots of other fun reasons to work with us.
- Daily breakfast, snacks, coffee, tea, and drinks at all Industrious locations
- Health care, including vision and dental
- 401K plan
- Smart casual dress code
- Generous vacation time
- Paid parental leave
- Team outings (ex. Dinners, rock climbing, yoga classes and more!)
- Company-wide outings and retreats (previous locations have included New Orleans & the Hamptons)
Industrious in the News:
- Meet Industrious CEO: The Entrepreneur That Raised $150 Million To Take On WeWork
- There's a new use for America's dying malls: co-working
- Industrious Buys TechSpace, Adding Seven New Locations to Portfolio