About the Company:
Industrious is the largest premium flexible workspace provider in the U.S. with over 75 locations in more than 40 U.S. cities. Its Workplace Experience platform, which pairs thoughtfully-designed spaces with hospitality-driven services and amenities, has reshaped the concept of coworking into a scalable solution for companies of all sizes and stages. Since its founding in 2013, Industrious has helped thousands of companies scale their businesses while maintaining the highest NPS scores in the industry.
We kindly request that you do not call Industrious locations for employment inquiries.
About the Role:
We are seeking an Operations Associate to join our team in Chicago (Evanston), creating an incredible work experience for our members. This position will be full-time with benefits. We’re looking for someone who’s proactive, creative, personable, and reliable with relevant experience, flexibility, and enthusiasm about joining a growing startup.
- Assist the Community Manager in providing excellent customer service: assist members in a friendly & professional manner, man the front desk, greet visitors, and receive deliveries
- Uphold hospitality standards to ensure seamless day-to-day operations: brew coffee; set-up breakfast; stock the cafe, conference room, and restroom amenities; distribute mail; maintain clean & tidy common areas; run & empty dishwasher
- Order & restock a high-volume of supplies: order groceries and office supplies in a timely manner; maintain clean and organized supply closets
- Oversee accounts payable: process weekly vendor invoices; follow up on payment inquiries
- Onboard new members: activate and distribute keys and welcome bags; answer new member questions
- Manage rotating community art program: find and recruit new artists; schedule installation & de-installation; assist with installation as necessary
- Assist Community manager with planning professional, social, and educational events for members
- Contribute to local marketing efforts to drive applications, including flyering, outreach to influencers, planning for external events, and development of email campaigns
- Document and escalate maintenance and facilities issues
- Manage the office independently if Community Manager is out of office
- Complete other errands and tasks around the office as needed
- Lead walk-in tours for prospective members; coordinate with Community Manager on strategies to complete office sales.
- Participate in national projects to improve Industrious processes around operations and hospitality.
- Hospitality or customer service experience highly preferred
- Personable & approachable with a strong customer service orientation
- Strong organizational skills
- Incredibly reliable
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment; detail-oriented, strong multi-tasker
- Able to proactively own & execute designated tasks independently, with high level of comfort asking for help when needed
- Basic computer proficiency preferred (Google Drive, Excel, Gmail, and basic printer troubleshooting)
- Daily breakfast and snacks
- Health care, including vision and dental
- 401K plan
- Smart casual dress code
Industrious in the News:
- Meet Industrious CEO: The Entrepreneur That Raised $150 Million To Take On WeWork
- There's a new use for America's dying malls: co-working
- Industrious Buys TechSpace, Adding Seven New Locations to Portfolio