About the Company:
Industrious is the largest premium flexible workspace provider in the U.S. with over 65 locations in more than 35 U.S. cities. Its Workplace Experience platform, which pairs thoughtfully-designed spaces with hospitality-driven services and amenities, has reshaped the concept of coworking into a scalable solution for companies of all sizes and stages. Since its founding in 2013, Industrious has helped thousands of companies scale their businesses while maintaining the highest NPS scores in the industry.
About the Role:
At Industrious we believe in the power of design to create a lasting, valuable impact on the quality of peoples' daily experiences at work. We also believe that a successful design project is as much the physical fusion of function and form, as it is the successful combination of excellence in construction, hospitality and operations. We are currently looking for a candidate to join our national design team as a Special Projects Designer. The successful applicant will work closely with the Director of Design Studio, Special Projects Project Manager and the Industrious Design, Construction and Facilities Team.
As a Special Projects Designer at Industrious, you will be responsible for managing the development and oversight of commercial interior projects for our acquisitions, capital improvements, and standalone build outs for enterprise. These are new products for Industrious and require a creative and fast decision making individual comfortable with developing processes while executing. Your work will be critical to providing a productive and more connected workplace for startups, artists, writers and businesses around the world.
The Special Projects Designer will be responsible for ensuring that projects meet design quality, budgets, and schedule. You'll be making design recommendations and sharing space plan feedback to executives. You will oversee the work of our partner architects and designers by reviewing and critiquing all design phase documents, RFIs, and submittals. This role will require close partnership with our internal Operations, Facilities, Product and Design teams to address challenges and develop processes unique to these types of projects.
This role is based in New York City and report to the Director of Design Studio.
Responsibilities will include:
- Manage and lead design projects within a pre-defined scope and budget
- 3D modeling in Rhino, Sketch-Up and Revit
- Create V-Ray/Photoshop renderings
- Draft complete SD and DD drawing packages
- Develop interior FFE layouts
- Process and manage FFE orders
- Develop and maintain project schedules
- Coordinate RFIs with local architects/contractors
- Review and approve project submittals
- Iterate custom design pieces and oversee prototype fabrication
- Research new products
- Manage design needs for a portfolio of existing Industrious locations
- 4-8 years of professional experience in architecture or a closely related design field
- Commercial office space planning experience a must.
- Proficient in AutoCAD, Sketchup, V-Ray, Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign (Rhino/Grasshopper and Revit skills are a plus)
- Ability to prepare, develop and edit drawings and models
- Organized, reliable and able to clearly articulate design ideas
In addition to our incredible team, there are lots of other fun reasons to work with us.
- Daily breakfast, snacks, coffee, tea, and drinks at all Industrious locations
- Health care, including vision and dental
- 401K plan
- Smart casual dress code
- Generous vacation time
- Paid parental leave
- Team outings (ex. Dinners, rock climbing, yoga classes and more!)
- Company-wide outings and retreats (previous locations have included New Orleans & the Hamptons)
Industrious in the News:
- Industrious raises $80 million to double coworking sites in 2018
- Industrious Raises $80M in Funding Co-Led by Fifth Wall, Riverwood
- Is Industrious Like A Four Seasons? CEO Hodari Seems to Think So
- Blackstone's EQ Office Brings New Coworking Model to Howard Hughes Center