About the Company:
Industrious is the largest premium flexible workspace provider in the U.S. with over 65 locations in more than 35 U.S. cities. Its Workplace Experience platform, which pairs thoughtfully-designed spaces with hospitality-driven services and amenities, has reshaped the concept of coworking into a scalable solution for companies of all sizes and stages. Since its founding in 2013, Industrious has helped thousands of companies scale their businesses while maintaining the highest NPS scores in the industry.
About the Role:
Scaling any business as rapidly as we are is both exciting and challenging. We’re lucky to be working with a product we know thousands of people across the country love, a strong financial position, and a team of fantastic people. The coming 2-3 years will be strategically important and incredibly interesting as the coworking industry matures, and Industrious forms transformational new relationships, refines our business model, and tackles a number of important new initiatives. As the Business Development & Strategy Manager, you’ll be front and center to this journey, leading cross functional teams to tackle some of the company’s highest priority strategic challenges. The role will report directly to senior leadership, will be a critical part of a high impact team of 5 by the end of 2019 (currently a 3 person team) and will work in partnership with all functional leads of the company.
This is a full-time role based in any city with an Industrious. Ideal candidates have 1) strong business intuition, 2) 3-5 years of experience in strategy or operations at a fast-growing startup, and 3) strong presence, including with senior executives in client, investor, or customer settings.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Lead coordination across teams to land transformational business partnerships with like-minded brands and landlords to enhance market awareness, augment our supply acquisition, and build long-term relationships with the country’s largest landlords.
- Lead execution of cross-team, company-changing initiatives. These will vary, but currently the team is focused on initiatives like: leading the post-acquisition integration of a competitor and negotiating and executing complex joint venture agreements.
- Lead research and analyses to support strategic decision making. Currently the team is focused on: evaluating new capital structures/vehicles, revisiting our pricing strategy, analyzing business profitability at different growth rates and re-visiting location staffing models
- 3-5 years of experience in strategy, business development, and/or operations in an ambiguous, complex, fast-moving work environment
- Strong business intuition, with solid business fundamentals across a range of skills (financial modeling, negotiation, corporate development, strategic partnerships, etc) and experience with Excel and Powerpoint
- Strong track record leading client or customer discussions with senior executives
- Strong cross-functional project manager; extensive experience working collaboratively with executives
- Highly organized; able to systematically keep track of disparate information
- Hungry to learn and move quickly at a fast-growing startup
- Extremely fast learner
- Some background in one or more of the following: financial modeling, negotiation, capital structure, corporate development, strategic partnerships, consulting, project management, fundraising
- Ability to work independently with minimal oversight
- Willing to travel up to 50% (if not based in NY) or 25% (otherwise)
In addition to our incredible team, there are lots of other fun reasons to work with us.
- Daily breakfast, snacks, coffee, tea, and drinks at all Industrious locations
- Health care, including vision and dental
- 401K plan
- Smart casual dress code
- Generous vacation time
- Paid parental leave
- Team outings (ex. Dinners, rock climbing, yoga classes and more!)
- Company-wide outings and retreats (previous locations have included New Orleans & the Hamptons)
Industrious in the News: