About the Company:
As we enter our next phase of growth, our experienced leadership team is looking for hard-working people at all levels who are ready to join a warm, collaborative, and positive team dedicated to reclaiming the workplace experience. For more information, visit www.industriousoffice.com.
At Industrious, product is everything.
Our product is the experience of our customers, from the moment they learn about us to the day they leave. Our product is the physical design of our spaces, the walls we put up, the breakfast bar in the cafe, the couches in our common areas. Our product is the website people use to find us and the digital tools we provide once they’re a member.
The Product Team is responsible for setting the vision and strategy for our suite of products that elevate the workplace experience and drive business outcomes. And we’re just getting started.
The Design Strategist (Business Lead) will be a key member of a client facing, collaborative management team and will work closely with Real Estate, Sales & Marketing and Executive Leadership to respond to new and prospective clients. You will work closely with clients to understand their business challenges and opportunities and to help identify and prioritize their near and long term goals. The role will be responsible for engaging in executive client meetings, leading presentations, interviews and discovery in the project development process.
You will report to the Head of Product Design, working closely with business stakeholders and clients to seek out new ideas that solve real problems.
Who You Are:
- You are an experienced senior designer with a demonstrable passion for building user-centered spaces and experiences
- You are a communicator and leader, able to share your design concepts and vision clearly and convincingly
- You are adept at prioritization, even in the face of multiple conflicting or ambiguous inputs
- You are a creative problem solver, using insights from customer research, competitive intelligence, and internal data to design experiences that directly address customer and business pain points
- You are excited to solve product challenges that merge digital technology and physical design and you are driven to work at the cross-section of these domains
What You Will Do:
- Serve as a product expert, working closely with stakeholders and customers to create innovative design solutions from concept to completion
- Lead meetings with internal / external team members and project stakeholders defining key goals and objectives
- Develop conceptual drawings, diagrams and presentation proposals that clearly articulate customer requirements, design approach and project concepts
- Provide thought leadership in the area of design strategy through knowledge sharing, participation and facilitation to help evolve the workplace, people within it and the technologies used
- Help us grow an incredible product culture
- 5~ years of relevant work experience in architecture and design planning at a strategic level
- Bachelor Degree in Architecture or equivalent design field
- Extensive knowledge in programming, project planning and design with the ability to create effective solutions meeting universal design and building code requirements while incorporating design strategies
- Ability to switch between tactical execution, high-level strategic planning and innovation sessions with internal and external partners
- Expert in requirement gathering, program development, capacity planning and solving complex programmatic challenges
- Excellent oral and written presentation skills
- Excellent visualization and rendering skills
- Strong leadership and relationship management skills
- Excels at problem solving with excellent analytical, quantitative, interpersonal and communication skills
- Process oriented and capacity to assess and shift priorities as required in order to ensure deadlines are met
- Excellent knowledge and experience with Revit
- Excellent knowledge of and skills in utilizing AutoCAD software, Dynamo and/or Grasshopper, Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Excel and Google Docs
In addition to our incredible team, there are lots of other fun reasons to work with us.
- Daily breakfast, snacks, coffee, tea, and drinks at all Industrious locations
- Health care, including vision and dental
- 401K plan
- Smart casual dress code
- Generous vacation time
- Paid parental leave
- Team outings (ex. Dinners, rock climbing, yoga classes and more!)
- Company-wide outings and retreats (previous locations have included New Orleans & the Hamptons)
Industrious in the News:
- Meet Industrious CEO: The Entrepreneur That Raised $150 Million To Take On WeWork
- There's a new use for America's dying malls: co-working
- Industrious Buys TechSpace, Adding Seven New Locations to Portfolio