About the Company:
Industrious is the largest premium flexible workspace provider in the U.S. with over 65 locations in more than 35 U.S. cities. Its Workplace Experience platform, which pairs thoughtfully-designed spaces with hospitality-driven services and amenities, has reshaped the concept of coworking into a scalable solution for companies of all sizes and stages. Since its founding in 2013, Industrious has helped thousands of companies scale their businesses while maintaining the highest NPS scores in the industry.
About the Role:
The Finance and Corporate Development Analyst will work with the CFO and Head of Corporate Development to evaluate and analyze various potential transformative opportunities at Industrious. This is an exciting role that sits at the intersection of finance, strategy, and operations. A typical day could include working with the Strategy team regarding the latest M&A deal terms, answering due diligence questions from prospective investors, and working with the CEO to prepare for an upcoming Board of Directors meeting. In addition to being a key member of the Corporate Development team, you will work closely with our Strategy and FP&A teams on various projects that help Industrious on its continued expansion.
The role is based in New York City and reports directly to the company’s Head of Corporate Development.
You are a great fit for this role if:
- You have a solid understanding of finance and accounting.
- You’ve built complex Excel projection models before. You know what it means to build a model that is flexible and that can analyze different scenarios quickly.
- You can you work quickly and efficiently to manage multiple projects and responsibilities simultaneously. In fact, having three high-priority projects on your plate is when you really hit your stride.
- It doesn’t phase you when you’ve been tasked to do something you have never done before. You’re resourceful, have excellent critical thinking skills, and are confident you can figure it out.
- You are looking for an opportunity to be a valuable member of a team working on projects that have huge impact at a fast growing company. Maybe you’ve spent a year in banking, consulting or accounting and want to translate your experience at a high growth company, or you’re doing the same thing somewhere else but want to be somewhere with more career growth opportunities. Either way, you’ll learn a ton here and have a supportive team that wants to see you grow and succeed.
- Practical experience in any of the following: M&A, forecasting, FP&A, accounting, deal structuring, and/or valuation. Note: you don’t need experience or exposure to all these areas to be successful in this role, but you are excited to quickly get up to speed on those areas you aren’t familiar with.
- Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret financial information and the ability to accurately explain/report activity in verbal and written communications.
- Strong Excel skills and demonstrated experience in building and owning projections and/or budgets
In addition to our incredible team, there are lots of other fun reasons to work with us.
- Daily breakfast, snacks, coffee, tea, and drinks at all Industrious locations
- Health care, including vision and dental
- 401K plan
- Smart casual dress code
- Generous vacation time
- Paid parental leave
- Team outings (ex. Dinners, rock climbing, yoga classes and more!)
- Company-wide outings and retreats (previous locations have included New Orleans & the Hamptons)
Industrious in the News:
- Meet Industrious CEO: The Entrepreneur That Raised $150 Million To Take On WeWork
- There's a new use for America's dying malls: co-working
- Industrious Buys TechSpace, Adding Seven New Locations to Portfolio