About the Company:
Industrious is the largest premium coworking solution and flexible workspace provider in the U.S, with 50+ locations in 33 cities across the country. We partner with companies big and small to create productivity-driven workplace experiences that complement beautiful spaces with world-class hospitality. We are committed to the vision that everyone deserves to experience the pride and meaning that you get out of a great day at work. With $142 million in funding to-date, we are well-positioned to continue our rapid growth in the US and beyond.
As we enter our next phase of growth, our experienced leadership team is looking for hard-working people at all levels who are ready to join a warm, collaborative, and positive team dedicated to reclaiming the workplace experience. For more information, visit www.industriousoffice.com.
We kindly request that you do not call Industrious locations for employment inquiries.
About the Role:
We are seeking an Operations Associate to join our team in Chicago, creating an incredible work experience for our members. The position will be at our Ogilvie location and will be part-time for 22 hours per week. We’re looking for people who are proactive, creative, personable, and reliable with relevant experience, flexibility, and enthusiasm about joining a growing company.
- Assist the Community Manager in providing excellent customer service: assist members in a friendly & professional manner, man the front desk, greet visitors, and receive deliveries
- Uphold hospitality standards to ensure seamless day-to-day operations: brew coffee; set-up breakfast; stock the cafe, conference room, and restroom amenities; distribute mail; maintain clean & tidy common areas; run & empty dishwasher
- Order & restock a high-volume of supplies: order groceries and office supplies in a timely manner; maintain clean and organized supply closets
- Oversee accounts payable: process weekly vendor invoices; follow up on payment inquiries
- Onboard new members: activate and distribute keys and welcome bags; answer new member questions
- Manage rotating community art program: find and recruit new artists; schedule installation & de-installation; assist with installation as necessary
- Assist Community manager with planning professional, social, and educational events for members
- Contribute to local marketing efforts to drive applications, including flyering, outreach to influencers, planning for external events, and development of email campaigns
- Document and escalate maintenance and facilities issues
- Manage the office independently if Community Manager is out of office
- Complete other errands and tasks around the office as needed
- Lead walk-in tours for prospective members; coordinate with Community Manager on strategies to complete office sales.
- Participate in national projects to improve Industrious processes around operations and hospitality.
- Hospitality or customer service experience highly preferred
- Personable & approachable with a strong customer service orientation
- Strong organizational skills
- Incredibly reliable
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment; detail-oriented, strong multi-tasker
- Able to proactively own & execute designated tasks independently, with high level of comfort asking for help when needed
- Basic computer proficiency preferred (Google Drive, Excel, Gmail, and basic printer troubleshooting)
- Daily breakfast and snacks
- Smart casual dress code
Industrious in the News:
- Meet Industrious CEO: The Entrepreneur That Raised $150 Million To Take On WeWork
- There's a new use for America's dying malls: co-working
- Industrious Buys TechSpace, Adding Seven New Locations to Portfolio