About the Company:
About the Role
As a Real Estate Summer Associate, you will execute and help shape Industrious’ global growth strategy by spearheading special projects that grow our landlord partnership platform and build brand awareness among the real estate industry.
You will support our growth efforts and learn how to underwrite, structure, and negotiate strategic partnerships. You will develop team infrastructure, deal-making resources / processes across disciplines, and standard operating procedures so Industrious can scale quickly and efficiently. Additionally, you will help execute our real estate marketing and event strategy on a local and national level, as well as conduct critical research and identify new opportunities.
This is a unique opportunity to join a high performing team in the early stages of its expansion, in a highly entrepreneurial role with significant growth potential. The successful candidate has basic knowledge of commercial real estate and experience across a range of transactions, a strong intellectual curiosity, and a desire to innovate within the real estate industry.
This role will report to the Senior Director of Real Estate and be based in New York City.
As the Real Estate Summer Associate, you will:
- Evaluate current growth strategy and identify changes to more efficiently expand our network while reducing risk.
- Bring a fresh perspective to the team and drive improvements to our deal structures and standards.
- Develop and implement new processes and standard operating procedures across design, construction, operations, finance, and other disciplines to support our landlord partnership platform.
- Work with marketing to craft and execute a well-defined marketing and event strategy which solidifies Industrious as the best-in-class operator and preferred workplace partner.
- Support the real estate and marketing teams in producing collateral and case studies.
- Develop a site selection framework and resources to validate customer demand in new markets.
- Research new workplace products and make recommendations on how to deepen our existing platform.
- Develop tools and processes that support the Real Estate team and scale growth.
- 3-5 years of professional experience; real estate experience preferred
- Basic financial modeling and underwriting abilities.
- Ability to function independently with a resourceful and curious mindset.
- High emotional intelligence with the ability to thrive in fast-paced, dynamic environments.
- Excellent judgment, with strong analytical, project management, and problem-solving skills.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Willingness to travel up to 20% of the time.
In addition to our incredible team, there are lots of other fun reasons to work with us.
- Daily breakfast, snacks, coffee, tea, and drinks at all Industrious locations
- Smart casual dress code
- Team outings
Industrious in the News:
- Industrious raises $80 million to double coworking sites in 2018
- Industrious Raises $80M in Funding Co-Led by Fifth Wall, Riverwood
- Is Industrious Like A Four Seasons? CEO Hodari Seems to Think So
- Blackstone's EQ Office Brings New Coworking Model to Howard Hughes Center