About the Company:
About the Role
As the Director of Real Estate, Business Development & Transactions, you will execute and help shape Industrious’ global location growth strategy, with direct responsibility for a significant portion of our target markets and landlord partnerships. You will build a pipeline of real estate and location partnership opportunities across a range of deal types, including traditional office leases, management agreements, and other bespoke structures, driving transactions from initial assessment and site selection through structuring, negotiation, documentation, and close.
This is a unique opportunity to join a high performing team in the early stages of its expansion, in a highly entrepreneurial, high-visibility role with significant growth potential. The successful candidate has considerable business development experience, deep knowledge of commercial real estate and experience across a range of transactions, managerial experience, a strong intellectual curiosity and a desire to innovate within the real estate industry.
This role will report to the Senior Director of Real Estate and can be based in Los Angeles or San Francisco.
As the Director of Real Estate, Business Development & Transactions you will:
- Develop and refine growth strategies and tactics for your target markets, collaborating cross-functionally to drive site selection, negotiation, design and construction coordination, and Investment Committee approval.
- Leverage your financial acumen and underwriting ability to creatively structure a variety of transactions, delivering superior risk-adjusted returns to Industrious and our landlord partners.
- Negotiate complex transactions thoughtfully and efficiently, achieving favorable deal terms and identifying solutions in order to overcome objections and drive transactions to close.
- Build and develop relationships with landlords, brokers, and other decision-makers to uncover opportunities and source transactions.
- Educate landlords and developers on Industrious’ unique value proposition and product offerings.
- Take ownership for projects from end-to-end, coordinating closely with Design & Construction, Operations, Legal, and other teams.
- Prepare and coordinate investment memos, financial models, competition and cannibalization analyses, and other materials for Investment Committee approval.
- Manage and develop 2-5 direct reports to achieve team and individual goals.
- Develop tools and processes that support the Real Estate team and scale growth.
- 5-7 years of related professional experience, with 1-2 years of experience in business development and 3-5 years of experience in commercial asset management, acquisitions, or development.
- Strong financial modeling and underwriting abilities.
- Proven track record of building successful relationships with landlords, developers and brokers in a transactions or consultative sales capacity.
- High emotional intelligence with the ability to thrive in fast-paced, dynamic environments.
- Excellent judgment, with strong analytical, project management, and problem-solving skills.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Willingness to travel up to 50% of the time.
In addition to our incredible team, there are lots of other fun reasons to work with us.
- Daily breakfast, snacks, coffee, tea, and drinks at all Industrious locations
- Health care, including vision and dental
- 401K plan
- Smart casual dress code
- Generous vacation time
- Paid parental leave
- Team outings (ex. Dinners, rock climbing, yoga classes and more!)
- Company-wide outings and retreats (previous locations have included New Orleans & the Hamptons)
Industrious in the News:
- Industrious raises $80 million to double coworking sites in 2018
- Industrious Raises $80M in Funding Co-Led by Fifth Wall, Riverwood
- Is Industrious Like A Four Seasons? CEO Hodari Seems to Think So
- Blackstone's EQ Office Brings New Coworking Model to Howard Hughes Center