About the Company:
About the Role:
At Industrious we believe in the power of design to create a lasting, valuable impact on the quality of people's' daily experiences at work. We also believe that a successful design project is as much the physical fusion of function and form, as it is the successful combination of excellence in construction, hospitality and operations.
We are currently looking for a candidate to join our national Design team as a Test Fit Designer. The successful applicant will work closely with the Real Estate Construction Manager, Real Estate team, Estimating team and the Industrious Design, Construction and Facilities team.
You will be responsible for the management of our test fit and due diligence process, including overseeing the initial test fit of potential new locations alongside the Real Estate team. Your work will be critical in assisting the Real Estate department and upper management identify which properties Industrious should choose to pursue for future locations, negotiate lease terms with landlords, and determine allocation of financial resources.
The Test Fit Designer will ensure that all internal and external partners are adhering to strict deadlines and maintaining our high product standards. You will be the point person overseeing all initial test fit requests, managing external designers and architects, providing space plan feedback, and will be expected to respond to any due diligence related inquiries.
This will be an engaging position requiring strong organizational and analytical skills. The ideal candidate should have at least 4-8 years of experience within the architectural design, real estate, property management and/or construction industry. This is a fantastic opportunity to further develop your management skills and gain direct exposure into the real estate, construction, design and hospitality industries from the owner's perspective.
This role is based in New York City.
Responsibilities will include:
- Coordinate and review Test Fit documentation from architects and designers. Distribute these internally along with overall summary and recommendations
- Highlight considerations and provide recommendations with respect to local codes, permitting requirements, existing conditions, and the local real estate market
- Provide and manage information used to inform the Real Estate team’s decision to move forward with a particular location or not, as well as impact underwriting and lease negotiation. This includes identifying impacts to project budget, schedule, design, and product quality
- Help identify potential risks and provide Real Estate points for discussion with the landlord
- Maintain, evaluate and continue to develop due diligence tools and processes and provide upward feedback
- 3D modeling in Revit and Sketchup
- Turnover designs to Design and Construction team members upon project commencement
- 4-8 years of professional experience in architecture or a closely related design field
- Design experience explicitly in space planning or test fitting for commercial office designs
- Proficient in AutoCAD, Revit, Sketchup, Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign (Rhino/Grasshopper and V-Ray skills are a plus)
- Understanding of building codes (particularly as they relate to occupancy and egress issues) and ADA
- Ability to prepare, develop and edit drawings and models
- Organized, reliable and able to manage multiple projects at a time.
- Excellent communicator with ability to clearly articulate design ideas and technical information
In addition to our incredible team, there are lots of other fun reasons to work with us.
- Daily breakfast, snacks, coffee, tea, and drinks at all Industrious locations
- Health care, including vision and dental
- 401K plan
- Smart casual dress code
- Generous vacation time
- Paid parental leave
- Team outings (ex. Dinners, rock climbing, yoga classes and more!)
- Company-wide outings and retreats (previous locations have included New Orleans & the Hamptons)
Industrious in the News:
- Meet Industrious CEO: The Entrepreneur That Raised $150 Million To Take On WeWork
- There's a new use for America's dying malls: co-working
- Industrious Buys TechSpace, Adding Seven New Locations to Portfolio