About the Company:
Industrious is the largest premium coworking solution and flexible workspace provider in the U.S, with 50+ locations in 33 cities across the country. We partner with companies big and small to create productivity-driven workplace experiences that complement beautiful spaces with world-class hospitality. We are committed to the vision that everyone deserves to experience the pride and meaning that you get out of a great day at work. With $142 million in funding to-date, we are well-positioned to continue our rapid growth in the US and beyond.
As we enter our next phase of growth, our experienced leadership team is looking for hard-working people at all levels who are ready to join a warm, collaborative, and positive team dedicated to reclaiming the workplace experience. For more information, visit www.industriousoffice.com.
Industrious by the numbers:
- Annual growth rate (2015-2018): >120%
- Average Net Promoter Score (NPS): >70%
- Gross member churn: <5%
- Number of employees: 200+
- Number of locations: 12 (2016), 23 (2017), 54 (2018), 115 (2019E)
- Funding to date: $142 million
- Employee engagement: 15-30% above industry benchmarks
We kindly request that you do not call Industrious locations for employment inquiries.
About the Role:
Scaling any business as rapidly as we are is both exciting and challenging. We’re lucky to be working with a product we know thousands of people across the country love, a strong financial position, and a team of fantastic people. The coming 2-3 years will be strategically important and incredibly interesting as the coworking industry matures, and Industrious forms transformational new relationships, refines our business model, and tackles a number of important new initiatives. As the Business Development and Strategy Associate, you’ll be front and center to this journey, helping support and lead cross functional teams to tackle some of the company’s highest priority strategic challenges. The role will report directly to senior leadership, will be a critical part of a high impact team of 5 by the end of 2019 (currently a 2 person team) and will work in partnership with all functional leads and the CEO/CFO.
This role will be based in New York. Ideal candidates have completed an analyst or associate program at a top-tier management consulting firm, or investment bank, or have equivalent experience at a startup or technology company. We would also consider hungry lawyers looking to break into startups.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Help own execution of cross-team, company-changing initiatives. These will vary dramatically, but currently the team is focused on initiatives like: leading the post-acquisition integration of a competitor, developing and executing on our international growth strategy, re-visiting and rolling out a new employee brand and value proposition
- Drive analyses to support strategic decision making. Currently the team is focused on: evaluating new capital structures/vehicles, revisiting our pricing strategy, analyzing business profitability at different growth rates and re-visiting location staffing models
- Coordinate across teams to land transformational business partnerships with like-minded brands to enhance market awareness, to improve our member experience (e.g., network partnership with a child care provider), or to drive incremental revenue
- Lead the analysis and help in the negotiation and subsequent integration of M&A opportunities
- 1-3 years of experience at a top-tier management consultancy or investment bank; or equivalent experience at a growth-stage startup or technology company
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, including strong Excel and Powerpoint proficiency
- Strong communication skills
- Project management experience, ideally for a startup
- Hungry to learn and move quickly at a fast-growing startup
- Extremely fast learner
- Some background in one or more of the following: financial modeling, negotiation, capital structure, corporate development, strategic partnerships, consulting
- Ability to work independently with limited oversight
In addition to our incredible team, there are lots of other fun reasons to work with us.
- Daily breakfast, snacks, coffee, tea, and drinks at all Industrious locations
- Health care, including vision and dental
- 401K plan
- Smart casual dress code
- Generous vacation time
- Paid parental leave
- Team outings (ex. Dinners, rock climbing, yoga classes and more!)
- Company-wide outings and retreats (previous locations have included New Orleans & the Hamptons)
Industrious in the News:
- Industrious raises $80 million to double coworking sites in 2018
- Industrious Raises $80M in Funding Co-Led by Fifth Wall, Riverwood
- Is Industrious Like A Four Seasons? CEO Hodari Seems to Think So
- Blackstone's EQ Office Brings New Coworking Model to Howard Hughes Center