About the Company:
Industrious is the largest premium flexible workspace provider in the U.S. with over 65 locations in more than 35 U.S. cities. Industrious is the largest premium coworking solution and flexible workspace provider in the U.S, with 50+ locations in 33 cities across the country. We partner with companies big and small to create productivity-driven workplace experiences that complement beautiful spaces with world-class hospitality. We are committed to the vision that everyone deserves to experience the pride and meaning that you get out of a great day at work. With $142 million in funding to-date, we are well-positioned to continue our rapid growth in the US and beyond.
As we enter our next phase of growth, our experienced leadership team is looking for hard-working people at all levels who are ready to join a warm, collaborative, and positive team dedicated to reclaiming the workplace experience. For more information, visit www.industriousoffice.com.
We kindly request that you do not call Industrious locations for employment inquiries.
About the Role:
As a Real Estate Construction Manager at Industrious, you will be responsible for management and oversight of the due diligence process, including working with the Design team on the initial test fit, establishing the team of external vendors including GC, engineers and any consultants, arranging site visits, ordering and reviewing all reports as well as internal distribution of the final assessment and recommendations . Your work will be critical to assisting the Real Estate department, upper management and the Investment Committee in which locations Industrious chooses to pursue for future locations, lease negotiations and allocation of financial resources. You ultimately assist in providing a productive and more connected workplace for startups, artists, writers and businesses around the world.
The Real Estate Construction Manager will be responsible for ensuring that all internal and external partners are adhering to strict deadlines and maintaining our high standards. You will be the point person overseeing all due diligence communications, cost estimating, reports, tools, processes and will be expected to respond to any due diligence related inquiries. This will be an engaging position requiring strong organizational and analytical skills. The ideal candidate should have at least 4-10 years of experience within the real estate and/or construction industry. This is a fantastic opportunity to further develop your management skills and gain direct exposure into the real estate, construction, design and hospitality industries from the owner's perspective.
The role will require some travel and be based in NYC (preference) or other cities with Industrious locations.
The role will include but is not limited to the following:
- Coordinate and review Test Fit documentation, site assessments, and MEP reports. Distribute these internally along with overall summary and recommendations
- Highlight considerations and provide recommendations with respect to labor requirements, local codes, permitting requirements, existing conditions, design and the local real estate market
- Provide/manage information used to inform the Real Estate team’s decision to move forward with a particular location or not as well as impact underwriting and lease negotiations
- Work closely with our internal Estimator to validate high level budget estimates, assist in refining pricing, and give recommendations on ways to lower potential project costs to get within budget
- Help identify potential risks and provide Real Estate points for discussion with the landlord
- Manage all phases of due diligence, including coordinating all internal and external resources including architects, subcontractors, vendors, landlords and consultants. Oversee all due diligence communications - including scheduling & logistics of on-site evaluations, working with engineers and architects to issue site reports, soliciting and scoping general contractor pricing, identifying risks and base building considerations to other teams, assisting in project kickoffs, etc.
- Maintain, evaluate and continue to develop all due diligence tools and processes and provide upward feedback
- At least 4 years managing commercial interior, retail, or hospitality construction projects, from initial programming through construction completion
- Proven track record of bringing construction projects in on time and within budget
- Excellent practical knowledge of design and construction methods and MEP systems
- Experience in cost estimation and negotiating, creating bid packages, contract awards, and cost reports
- Proficient in estimating, scheduling, quality control, progress reports, progress billing, design review and coordination, cost reporting, and proposal preparation
- Experience developing Architectural and Engineering Documents
- Professional Architectural, Engineering or Real Estate degree from an accredited institution
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project, AutoCAD and Adobe Suite. Revit experience desired. 3D modeling skill are also a plus.
- Ability to organize, plan and manage multiple activities to accomplish desired results
- Ability to multi-task and work with minimal supervision
- Ability to effectively make sound decisions under tight deadlines
- Strong technical aptitude and analytic skills
- Must be team oriented and be able to lead productive, multi-discipline meetings
- Act in a manner of integrity that shows support for the company, its values, and the employees, while maintaining constant focus on meeting/exceeding requirements and expectations.
In addition to our incredible team, there are lots of other fun reasons to work with us.
- Daily breakfast, snacks, coffee, tea, and drinks at all Industrious locations
- Health care, including vision and dental
- 401K plan
- Smart casual dress code
- Generous vacation time
- Paid parental leave
- Team outings (ex. Dinners, rock climbing, yoga classes and more!)
- Company-wide outings and retreats (previous locations have included New Orleans & the Hamptons)
Industrious in the News:
- Meet Industrious CEO: The Entrepreneur That Raised $150 Million To Take On WeWork
- There's a new use for America's dying malls: co-working
- Industrious Buys TechSpace, Adding Seven New Locations to Portfolio
Industrious is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal treatment of all employees and applicants without regard to race, national origin, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, physical or mental disability or other basis protected by law.