About the Company:
Industrious is the largest premium coworking solution and flexible workspace provider in the U.S, with 50+ locations in 33 cities across the country. We partner with companies big and small to create productivity-driven workplace experiences that complement beautiful spaces with world-class hospitality. We are committed to the vision that everyone deserves to experience the pride and meaning that you get out of a great day at work. With $142 million in funding to-date, we are well-positioned to continue our rapid growth in the US and beyond.
As we enter our next phase of growth, our experienced leadership team is looking for hard-working people at all levels who are ready to join a warm, collaborative, and positive team dedicated to reclaiming the workplace experience. For more information, visit www.industriousoffice.com.
About the Role:
We are currently looking for a candidate to join our national design team as a Design Associate. The successful applicant will work closely with the Design Manager and the Industrious Design, Construction and Facilities Team.
At Industrious we believe in the power of design to create a lasting, valuable impact on the quality of people's' daily experiences at work. We also believe that a successful design project is as much the physical fusion of function and form, as it is the successful combination of excellence in construction, hospitality and operations.
We are building a team with a broad range of skills in all these fields. As we grow, you will be part of an elite team, enjoy unrivaled responsibility and drive outsized impact. This is a fantastic opportunity to further develop your design skills and gain broader exposure into the real estate, construction and hospitality industries.
This role is based in New York City.
Responsibilities will include:
- Manage and lead design projects within a pre-defined scope and budget
- Support on projects under Designer guidance
- 3D modeling in Rhino, Sketch-Up and Revit
- Create V-Ray/Photoshop renderings
- Draft complete SD and DD drawing packages
- Develop interior FFE layouts
- Process and help manage FFE orders
- Develop and maintain project schedules
- Coordinate RFIs with local architects/contractors
- Review and approve project submittals
- Iterate custom design pieces and oversee prototype fabrication
- Research new products
- Manage design needs for a portfolio of existing Industrious locations
- 1-3 years of professional experience in architecture or a closely related design field
- Experience in hospitality, commercial and retail interior design or architecture
- Proficient in AutoCAD, Sketchup, Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign (Rhino/Grasshopper and Revit skills are a plus)
- Ability to prepare, develop and edit drawings and models
- Organized, reliable and able to clearly articulate design ideas
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- High level of initiative and creative problem-solving, with a positive, team-oriented attitude
In addition to our incredible team, there are lots of other fun reasons to work with us.
- Daily breakfast, snacks, coffee, tea, and drinks at all Industrious locations
- Health care, including vision and dental
- 401K plan
- Smart casual dress code
- Generous vacation time
- Paid parental leave
- Team outings (ex. Dinners, rock climbing, yoga classes and more!)
- Company-wide outings and retreats (previous locations have included New Orleans & the Hamptons)
Industrious in the News:
- Industrious raises $80 million to double coworking sites in 2018
- Industrious Raises $80M in Funding Co-Led by Fifth Wall, Riverwood
- Is Industrious Like A Four Seasons? CEO Hodari Seems to Think So
- Blackstone's EQ Office Brings New Coworking Model to Howard Hughes Center