About the Company:
Industrious is the largest premium coworking solution and flexible workspace provider in the U.S, with 50+ locations in 33 cities across the country. We partner with companies big and small to create productivity-driven workplace experiences that complement beautiful spaces with world-class hospitality. We are committed to the vision that everyone deserves to experience the pride and meaning that you get out of a great day at work. With $142 million in funding to-date, we are well-positioned to continue our rapid growth in the US and beyond.
As we enter our next phase of growth, our experienced leadership team is looking for hard-working people at all levels who are ready to join a warm, collaborative, and positive team dedicated to reclaiming the workplace experience. For more information, visit www.industriousoffice.com.
- Annual growth rate (2015-2018): >120%
- Average Net Promoter Score (NPS): >70%
- Gross member churn: <5%
- Number of employees: 200
- Number of locations: 12 (2016), 23 (2017), 54 (2018), 115 (2019E)
- Funding to date: $142 million
- Employee engagement: 15-30% above industry benchmarks
About the Role:
The Regional Manager role is a leader of our unit operations team, overseeing the performance of an entire region of Industrious locations. You’ll be responsible for launching new locations and running steady state ones, including making sure our members have a consistent and high quality experience we’re proud of, managing your region’s P&L, driving strong daily and back end operations, and inspiring your team to grow and be their best. In this role you’ll lead a team of Area Managers, Community Managers, and Operations Associates working across 10-30 individual locations.
As a Regional Manager, you’re also a part of Industrious’ management team more broadly and will work with leaders on many other teams to propose, develop, and implement systemic improvements that make us stronger as a team, enable us to deliver more to our members, and produce a better business.
Your role will require a breadth of diverse skills: you might spend the morning coaching your team members, gather feedback from a group of influential members over lunch, and spend the afternoon in a strategy session presenting a deep dive analysis of your region’s performance and implications for the company to the CEO.
All of this work will be crucial as we expand from our existing network to 100+ locations in the coming year. Success will mean providing a happier, more productive, and more connected workplace for thousands of amazing members, and a highly engaged and effective team of Industrious employees within your region.
This role can be based in Chicago or Minneapolis.
You are a great fit for this role if:
- You are a people-oriented leader who knows how to build trust as a basis for effective coaching relationships
- You love exceeding goals and have the grit to work towards ambitious P&L, member experience, operations, and team engagement goals over a sustained period of time
- You are a structured problem solver and look forward to tackling network-wide questions to which there are no easy answers
- You do the right thing even when it would be easier not to
As Regional Manager, you will:
- Own P&L, member experience, and operational performance for your region, informed by quantitative and qualitative feedback
- Oversee the launch of new locations
- Strengthen your regional team (3-7 Area Managers, each of whom manages teams of Community Managers and Operations Associated in their respective areas; occasionally you may also manage CMs directly) and develop future Industrious leaders through positive role modeling, coaching, and performance management
- Serve as the regional face of the business, including playing a role in negotiations with large prospective members and resolving challenging member relations issues
- Make the business better by improving Industrious’ strategy, systems and processes
- Proven ability to lead and inspire 10+ person teams to deliver exceptional results
- Remote management and multi-unit management experience strongly preferred
- Strong management and coaching skills
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to comfortably handle difficult conversations
- Comfort with numbers and experience working in a metrics-based management culture
- Willingness to travel up to 35% of the time to oversee Industrious locations in your region
- Passion for creating exceptional customer experiences
- Experience managing a P&L or a sales funnel
- High degree of comfort working in a team with other executives
In addition to our incredible team, there are lots of other fun reasons to work with us.
- Daily breakfast, snacks, coffee, tea, and drinks at all Industrious locations
- Health care, including vision and dental
- 401K plan
- Smart casual dress code
- Generous vacation time
- Paid parental leave
- Team outings (ex. Dinners, rock climbing, yoga classes and more!)
- Company-wide outings and retreats (previous locations have included New Orleans & the Hamptons)
Industrious in the News:
- Industrious raises $80 million to double coworking sites in 2018
- Industrious Raises $80M in Funding Co-Led by Fifth Wall, Riverwood
- Is Industrious Like A Four Seasons? CEO Hodari Seems to Think So
- Blackstone's EQ Office Brings New Coworking Model to Howard Hughes Center