About the Company:
Industrious is the largest premium coworking solution and flexible workspace provider in the U.S, with 50+ locations in 33 cities across the country. We partner with companies big and small to create productivity-driven workplace experiences that complement beautiful spaces with world-class hospitality. We are committed to the vision that everyone deserves to experience the pride and meaning that you get out of a great day at work. With $142 million in funding to-date, we are well-positioned to continue our rapid growth in the US and beyond.
As we enter our next phase of growth, our experienced leadership team is looking for hard-working people at all levels who are ready to join a warm, collaborative, and positive team dedicated to reclaiming the workplace experience. For more information, visit www.industriousoffice.com.
About the Role:
We are currently looking for a candidate to join our National Design team as Director of Design Studio.
The Director of Design Studio will manage the design production team and is responsible for all the design execution aspects of projects in design and in construction. This person will support the development of high-quality design and construction documents, coordinate team portfolio project issues with architects and consultants, and manage production staff through delegation of tasks and leadership. The successful applicant will report to the VP of Design and Construction and work closely with the Industrious Product, Construction and Facilities Teams.
At Industrious we believe in the power of design to create a lasting, valuable impact on the quality of peoples' daily experiences at work. We also believe that a successful design project is as much the physical fusion of function and form, as it is the successful combination of excellence in construction, hospitality and operations.
We are building a team with a broad range of skills in all these fields. As we grow, you will be part of an elite team, enjoy unrivaled responsibility and drive outsized impact. This is a fantastic opportunity to further develop your design skills and gain broader exposure into the real estate, construction and hospitality industries.
Who You Are:
- 12+ years of professional experience in architecture or interior design
- Ability to lead, manage and develop team members
- Resolve design and construction issues with build method and alternate material solutions
- Manage multiple internal & external stakeholder requests
- Be accountable for external vendors and designer quality of work and performance
- Extremely organized, reliable and able to clearly articulate design ideas
- Highly effective communicator and presenter
- Highly skilled in Revit and AutoCAD
- Proficient in AutoCAD, Sketch-up, Rhino, V-Ray, Adobe Suite
- Experience leading design teams for workplace and/or hospitality clients
- Ability to prepare, develop and edit drawings and models
What You Will Do:
- Manage team members who design projects within a predefined scope and budget
- Execute and manage design team initiatives to meet quarterly company objectives
- Review Space planning, SD and DD presentations to present to internal and external parties
- Work closely with Head of Product Design to operationalize initiatives
- Oversee peer review of Construction Documents and be proficient in redlining drawings
- Ensure internal and external teams maintain project schedules
- Quality control of external designers and engineers to execute within associated budget
- Conduct material research and meet vendors as necessary to understand materials/products
- Manage production staff through delegation of tasks and leadership
- Manage design needs for a portfolio of existing Industrious locations
In addition to our incredible team, there are lots of other fun reasons to work with us.
- Daily breakfast, snacks, coffee, tea, and drinks at all Industrious locations
- Health care, including vision and dental
- 401K plan
- Smart casual dress code
- Generous vacation time
- Paid parental leave
- Team outings (ex. Dinners, rock climbing, yoga classes and more!)
- Company-wide outings and retreats (previous locations have included New Orleans & the Hamptons)
Industrious in the News:
- Industrious raises $80 million to double coworking sites in 2018
- Industrious Raises $80M in Funding Co-Led by Fifth Wall, Riverwood
- Is Industrious Like A Four Seasons? CEO Hodari Seems to Think So
- Blackstone's EQ Office Brings New Coworking Model to Howard Hughes Center