Indigo is a company dedicated to harnessing nature to help farmers sustainably feed the planet. With a vision of creating a world where farming is an economically desirable and accessible profession, Indigo works alongside its growers to apply natural approaches, grow healthy food for all, and conserve resources for future generations. Utilizing beneficial plant microbes to improve crop health and productivity, Indigo’s portfolio is focused on cotton, wheat, rice, corn, and soybeans. The company is headquartered in Boston, MA, with commercial and customer service based in Memphis, TN. www.indigoag.com
Indigo is now hiring a Nematologist/Plant Pathologist. This role will focus on assay development and screening to discover microbes that effectively protect plants from nematodes. The Scientist will be required to have expertise in studying plant-nematode interactions and have a broad knowledge of plant physiology spanning multiple crops (corn, soy, cotton, wheat, and rice) under greenhouse and/or field conditions.
- Ensure appropriate permits are in place to receive, ship and work with various plant pathogenic Nematodes.
- Establish growth conditions for development and maintenance of nematode populations for use in HTP assays.
- Develop high-throughput assays to screen Strains (as individuals or consortia), to effect tolerance to nematode stresses.
- Develop calendarized assay schedules to maximize assay throughput.
- Ensure delivery of high-throughput screen, hit identification and channeling into subsequent assays.
- Cross-train other science leads and RAs to maintain nematodes and run assays.
- Ensure data is captured, analyzed, stored in an enterprise data system, available for decision making and as input for computational frameworks.
- Develop familiarity with the on-going collaborations related to Nematode testing, and provide necessary scientific, and analytical support as required.
- Understands our purpose and core values and what makes Indigo different from other companies
- 5+ years in Nematology lab. Greenhouse and Field expertise greatly preferred
- PHD or equivalent in relevant field of study
- Demonstrated history of success
- Experience evaluating microbes
- Comfortable with a fast-pace environment
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Experience working with collaborations
- Strong Experimental Design and Statistical Analysis skills
- Ability to multitask and wear many hats
Research Triangle Park, North Carolina