The role of the Manager, Technical Accounting and Reporting is a highly visible role in the finance team. The individual will assist in the responsibility of providing monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports to internal and external stakeholders, as well as assist in all technical accounting research including direct responsibility for the Company’s compliance and revenue recognition requirements. This role requires a solid foundation in U.S. GAAP accounting, strong analytical and communication skills, and a passion for operational excellence. This position will report directly to the Senior Manager of Technical Accounting & Reporting.
- Ongoing evaluation of revenue recognition on a deal by deal basis
- Perform technical accounting evaluation of applicable significant transactions to ensure compliance with US GAAP in the monthly and quarterly accounting close, including complex areas such as hedging, stock compensation, financing, foreign currency, consolidations etc.
- Assist in preparing the monthly consolidation and various worldwide reconciliations
- Draft appropriate technical accounting position memos in support of annual audit.
- Act as a key resource during annual audit and help drive the audit process
- Research, document and communicate new GAAP and disclosure matters, including assistance with project management in relation to implementing new accounting pronouncements
- Assist in the development and maintenance of the Company’s accounting policies and Sarbanes-Oxley documentation
- Act as a point person as part of any potential IPO process
- Ad hoc activities as required
- Demonstrates strong analytical and communication skills
- Highly organized with a strong attention to detail, doesn’t compromise on accuracy
- Ability to innovate and work efficiently in a fast-paced environment
- Manages process well, and can influence others to adhere to company processes in a thoughtful way
- Self-starter with ability to work independently while understanding the importance of elevating questions/concerns in a timely manner
- Passionate about health and wellness
- Willing to roll up sleeves and participate in many different projects and has a strong work ethic
- Bachelor’s degree and CPA required
- 4-6+ years relevant experience in a large company with commercial and complicated operations
- Charlestown, MA