Indigo is a company dedicated to harnessing nature to help farmers sustainably feed the planet. With a vision of creating a world where farming is an economically desirable and accessible profession, Indigo works alongside its growers to apply natural approaches, grow healthy food for all, and conserve resources for future generations. Utilizing beneficial plant microbes to improve crop health and productivity, Indigo’s portfolio is focused on cotton, wheat, rice, corn, and soybeans. The company is headquartered in Boston, MA, with commercial and customer service based in Memphis, TN. www.indigoag.com
The Research Associate II, Biotic Stress will develop and execute experiments designed to support the evaluation of Indigo's proprietary microbes.
- Support development of high throughput screening and optimization assays for Biotic Stress. Perform data collection and recording.
- Prepare culture media for plant and pathogen growth by following defined SOPs and using sterile technique..
- Perform plant growth and maintenance including sowing seeds for production assays, sampling plants and watering plants.
- Characterize plants and optimize phenotyping processes.
- Maintain microbe stocks.
- Provide research support by maintain supply of clean glassware, autoclaving supplies and waste.
- M.S. degree in plant pathology, microbiology, or related with >2yrs of industry experience or B.S. degree in biology, microbiology, or life sciences with >5yrs of industry experience
- Ability to work efficiently across functions and with diverse teams of collaborators spanning disciplines and geographies
- Ability to statistically analyze data.
- Proficient in MS Office, specifically Excel
- Experience with R for data analysis
- Engineering experience desired
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Flexibility/adaptability. Copes effectively with complexity and change. Comfortable with ambiguity. Experience in a startup environment is preferred.
- Efficient. Able to produce significant output with minimal wasted effort.
- Critical thinking. Attention to detail. Organized, methodical, and meticulous.
- Proactive. Acts without being told what to do. Brings new ideas to the company.
- Work Ethic. Possesses a strong willingness to work hard to get the job done and setting an example for the team. Has a track record of delivering on ambitious goals.
- Communication. Speaks and writes clearly and articulately.
- Location: Research Triangle Park, North Carolina
- Position type: Full-time employee