Indigo is a company dedicated to harnessing nature to help farmers sustainably feed the planet. With a vision of creating a world where farming is an economically desirable and accessible profession, Indigo works alongside its growers to apply natural approaches, conserve resources for future generations, and grow healthy food for all. Utilizing beneficial plant microbes to improve crop health and productivity, Indigo’s portfolio is focused on cotton, wheat, barley, corn, soybeans, and rice. The company, founded by Flagship Pioneering, is headquartered in Boston, MA, with additional offices in Memphis, TN, Research Triangle Park, NC, Sydney, Australia, Buenos Aires, Argentina, and São Paulo, Brazil. www.indigoag.com
The Head of Digital Strategy will oversee the development and execution of digital strategy, including website, mobile, and social media. He/she will lead Indigo’s digital brand marketing strategy and execution, with heavy emphasis on growing and evolving the brand’s social media presence through brand content creation and distribution through organic and paid channels, and drive the brand into an “always on” publisher of digital content. The role reports directly to the VP. Brand Marketing & Communications and will work closely with Product Management, Market Development and Commercial & International Marketing.
- Build Indigo’s digital brand marketing strategy and deploy it across U.S. and International markets to drive global brand culture, build long-lasting bonds with our growing audiences.
- Build in-house capabilities for content and org plan (including video)
- Build plan for “always on” content (evergreen) and broad storytelling for global campaigns down to local market-relevant initiatives based on influencers, events, products, and brand concepts.
- Build the brand image across global and market web sites, social and media channels.
- Enhance user experience and brand presence on Indigoag.com globally
- Drive innovation in brand digital executions to push limits and concepts beyond what is standard, while still striving to solve against business challenges and goals. Championed a test and learn mindset to continuously keep Indigo ahead of the curve when it comes to digital trends, social platforms and emerging technologies to drive brand engagement
- Create a plan & goals to develop social media followership
- Partner closely with the PR on everything from campaign and product launches to management of crisis situations
- Widely viewed as someone who personifies our core values, is committed to them, and leans on them when making difficult decisions
- Growth mindset
- Metrics driven
- Strong leadership skills
- Balance creative and business mindset
- Able to work form a blank page and build a scrappy plan
- Evolution perspective and playbook
- Geared towards and comfortable with learning and adapting quickly
- Can work in a matrix organization and is able to lead even when not the leader/owner
- Optimistic believer in Indigo and our mission
- 15+ years of marketing experience
- 8+ years of digital experience
- Has built a digital global and regional plan
- Has led a digital brand (vs agency only experience)
- Experience in working with a diverse set of stakeholders
- Deep, proven digital experience. Demonstrated success in a similar role in another company
- Expertise in developing and distributing content
- Strong understanding of and respect for the role of social media and the uses for different platforms
- Strong understanding of the creative process. Proven experience translating strategic goals into creative solutions and experience in production planning and execution.
- Experience with working in a cross functional/regional matrix type of marketing organization and international markets
- Extensive experience in planning, implementing and evaluating digital brand engagement initiatives deployed using social technologies and platforms. Understanding of innovative approaches to reaching diverse stakeholders
- Experience in programming and production of digital/video content in support of a holistic digital/video annual content calendar.
- Exceptional communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively within all levels of the organization and with external partners, agencies and collaborators.
- Flexible and adaptable to changing needs and trends
- International experience a plus
- SEO strategy development experience
- Podcast development experience