The role of the Legal Counsel, Argentina is to manage all legal requirements of Indigo Argentina. The counsel is expected to perform core responsibilities exceptionally, and to go above and beyond listed responsibilities to ensure team success on wide ranging projects.
Key Accountabilities/Core Job Responsibilities:
- Work with Associate General Counsel to structure and implement new Indigo Model agreements to fit the go to market strategy of Indigo Argentina
- Work with head of Argentina and commercial team to negotiate, structure and execute various key partnership agreements
- Work with Head of Argentina and commercial team to negotiate grower agreements, and manage the entire process from initial request to implementation
- Responsible for drafting and managing process for all Indigo Argentina contracts, from NDAs, to employment contracts, to service agreements to Indigo Model agreements, and other strategic contracts.
- Maintain contract database, and be responsible for managing the contract lifecycle management for Indigo Argentina
- Proactively identify potential legal issues, ensure compliance with applicable laws both in Argentina, and applicable US laws for foreign subsidiaries, including FCPA;
- Work with tax consultants to ensure proper tax treatment of Indigo Model agreements
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Minimum 7 years of legal experience as a licensed attorney in Argentina
- Strong preference for in-house legal work, and preference for experience in the Agriculture industry (though not required)
- Commercially minded, understands the business and adds value to negotiations and deal-making
- Strong collaborative skills, able to work well within Indigo Argentina team, and ensure strong communication and collaboration with Indigo headquarters in US
- Roll-up the sleeves mentality; eagerness to work with colleagues at all different levels of the organization, and work on contracts of varying degree of complexity with equal enthusiasm.
- Resourceful, multi-tasker and problem solver, with demonstrated ability to operate under competing deadlines and managing a high volume of work
- Closer mentality – Can take a request for a contract from initial structuring, to negotiation, to execution efficiently, using commercial acumen and legal skills, to add value to the process.
- Comfortable working in a dynamic and fast changing environment