Indigo is a company dedicated to harnessing nature to help farmers sustainably feed the planet. With a vision of creating a world where farming is an economically desirable and accessible profession, Indigo works alongside its growers to apply natural approaches, grow healthy food for all, and conserve resources for future generations. Utilizing beneficial plant microbes to improve crop health and productivity, Indigo’s portfolio is focused on cotton, wheat, rice, corn, and soybeans. The company is headquartered in Boston, MA, with commercial and customer service based in Memphis, TN. www.indigoag.com
We have a challenge and opportunity ahead of us to scale quickly and effectively with a goal of $1B in revenue by 2019. We cannot do this without an exceptional group of people in finance. Our ability to lead in this area will be determined primarily by our ability to hire the very best people, unite around a common set of goals and create a high energy culture of innovation and collaboration. The role of the International Finance Lead is to be a business partner to the International Business team and help to facilitate the Company’s growth while being a strategic partner.
- Lead financial planning and analysis on behalf of the international organization (Revenue, Bookings, COGS, Opex, Working capital, business model), including the annual budget process and refresh of forecasts
- Lead management reporting on behalf of international organization, including analysis of key performance indicators and review of budget to actuals on a monthly basis
- Provide strategic decision support and act as Finance Business Partner to international team
- Partner with COO to fully understand the customer market in each target country and crop to provide business support in establishing the selling model in each country, including tax implications that may impact business operations
- Coordinate all financial support to international organization
- Develop deep understanding of the business; attempt to know the business as well as the colleagues you support
- Demonstrates strong analytical skills, well-structured communication both written and oral
- Viewed as a trusted member to the Finance and International team as well as the rest of the Indigo organization.
- Highly organized with a strong orientation to detail, doesn’t compromise on accuracy. Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment
- Can understand and quantify risk
- Flexible – able to find a solution not just identify a problem.
- Smart, thinks creatively, has innovative ideas. Strategic thinker
- Significant budgeting and forecasting experience
- 10+ years’ experience in FP&A role
- MBA required, agriculture experience and ability to speak Spanish/Portuguese preferred but not required
- Ability to work independently, while understanding the importance of elevating questions/concerns promptly
- Passionate about health and wellness
- Willing to roll up sleeves and participate in many different projects