Scientist, Bioprocessing Development
The Scientist, Bioprocessing Development will design, develop, and execute experiments to support the production and scaling of Indigo's proprietary microbes.
- Design and leading execution of bench-scale process development experiments for characterization of microbial cultures and production parameters.
- Development of reliable quantitative biological assays to monitor microbial kinetics and downstream processing methodologies
- Assisting junior team members in execution and resource management of their workstreams
- Work collaboratively with project management, microbial analytics and quality assurance to build Indigo’s capabilities
- Provide critical feed-back on experimental progress to team and manager and provide timely recommendations for further advancing Indigo's technology.
- PhD in biochemistry, microbiology, or (bio-)chemical engineering preferred, or M.S. degree with >4yrs of industry experience with microbial fermentation.
- Expertise in fermentation and operation of small (1L) to medium (50+L) fermenters is required.
- Expertise in data analysis and presentation of key findings. Experience with programming languages (R, python, etc) a plus.
- Experience with downstream processing techniques such as TFF and lyophilization required.
- Flexibility/adaptability. Copes effectively with complexity and change. Experience in a startup environment is preferred.
- Able to produce significant output with minimal wasted effort.
- Attention to detail. Organized, methodical, and meticulous.
- Acts without being told what to do. Brings new ideas to the company.
- Team oriented style and strong work ethic. Possesses a strong willingness to work hard to get the job done as well as lead and influence by example.
- Has a track record of delivering on ambitious goals.
- Speaks and writes clearly and articulately to a range of audiences.
- Location: Charlestown, Massachusetts
- Position type: Full-time employee