Indigo is a company dedicated to harnessing nature to help farmers sustainably feed the planet. With a vision of creating a world where farming is an economically desirable and accessible profession, Indigo works alongside its growers to apply natural approaches, grow healthy food for all, and conserve resources for future generations. Utilizing beneficial plant microbes to improve crop health and productivity, Indigo’s portfolio is focused on cotton, wheat, rice, corn, and soybeans. The company is headquartered in Boston, MA, with commercial and customer service based in Memphis, TN. www.indigoag.com
The role of Regulatory Manager, Biocontrol Products is responsible for the management, coordination and completion of government, regulatory and compliance documents as they relate to seed treatment biocontrol product registrations, and for the execution of the registration of these biocontrol products in the United States and other countries of Indigo’s business interest.
- Execute and manage Federal and State registrations of Indigo biocontrol products in United States and Internationally. Develop rationales and dossiers needed to support the registrations.
- Develop the required documentation for import / export of Indigo product candidates to countries of Indigo’s business interest to enable product development trials that can support the registrations in those countries (target focus: Argentina, Brazil, Australia, India, followed by select countries in EU).
- Support and contribute to Indigo product registration dossiers development that are required to execute the registrations in those countries.
- Manage and prioritize numerous product registrations simultaneously through effective communication with Head of Regulatory, R&D Managers, Bioprocessing Managers, Product Managers, Project Managers, and with government regulatory agencies relevant to the specific products.
- As required by regulatory requirements / guidelines, oversee the projects assigned to the contract laboratories (product testing, safety / tox studies, efficacy testing, ecological effects testing and subsequent reports) to ensure quality and timely outcome.
- Remain educated and informed on biocontrol regulatory issues in the industry.
- Passion for Agriculture and Sustainable solutions
- MS degree, preferably with emphasis on microbiology or environmental sciences
- Strong expertise and experience with current Federal and States regulations landscape domestically and Internationally for biocontrol products for agricultural seed treatment use
- Minimum of 5 years, preferably 10 years, of hands on working experience in microbial pesticides registration
- Great working relationships with Federal agencies (EPA etc) who oversee biocontrol products registrations
- Strong and creative strategic thinking and technical writing skills
- Solutions oriented
- Strong record keeping, organizing and multitasking skills
- Well-structured communication skills
- Team-oriented style and strong work ethic
- High standards for self and the team around
- Strong EQ (interpersonal, communication and relationship building skills)
- Ability to gain consensus working collaboratively and cross-functionally with internal and external parties
- Ability to iterate, learn and adapt quickly as the regulatory and technology landscapes evolve
- Appropriate balance of confidence and humility