The role of Bioprocess Research Associate is to develop and execute experiments designed to support the development of manufacturing methods and readiness for production of Indigo's proprietary microbes.
- Execution of bench-scale process development experiments for characterization of microbial cultures.
- Assist in developing reliable quantitative biological assays to monitor microbial growth as well as downstream processing of biological products candidates.
- Refine and document experimental protocols with detail and clarity with intent to communicate to external parties for scale up activities.
- Work collaboratively with Microbial Analytics and Quality Assurance colleagues to align the SOP’s
- Provide critical feed-back on experimental progress to team members and provide timely recommendations for further advancing Indigo's microbial technologies and their manufacturing methods.
- Support production of microorganisms for deployment into validation trials (grow room, field trials) on as needed bases.
- B.S. degree in biochemistry, microbiology, or (bio-)chemical engineering with >4yrs or M.S. degree in biochemistry, microbiology, or (bio-)chemical engineering with >2yrs of industry experience with microbial fermentation or mammalian cell culture.
- Expertise in data analysis and presentation of key findings.
- Proficiency performing aseptic techniques and microbial cultivation.
- Experience performing viability assays.
- Experience with operation and maintenance of bench-top fermenters is advantageous.
- Flexibility/adaptability. Copes effectively with complexity and change. Comfortable with ambiguity. Experience in a startup environment is preferred.
- Efficient. Able to produce significant output with minimal wasted effort. Excellent time management skills.
- Attention to detail. Organized, methodical, and meticulous.
- Proactive. Acts without being told what to do. Brings new ideas to the company.
- Team-oriented style and strong work ethic. Possesses a strong willingness to work hard to get the job done and setting an example for the team. Has a track record of delivering on ambitious goals.
- Appropriate balance of confidence and humility.
- Communication. Speaks and writes clearly and articulately.