The Senior Software Engineer, Front End will build modular, customer-delightful mobile and web applications that are easy-to-use and fully tested and monitored. This person will deliver features while building a component library to maximize code reusability. They will also be architecting the test infrastructure to ensure that things are smooth sailing in production. They will also be a critical member of a highly efficient and cohesive engineering team that is focused on the customer’s needs and requirements.
- Design the initial testing infrastructure that the team will use to add tests with all new features. This involves choosing the test framework and developing a process that all team members will follow.
- Implement user interfaces that are highly intuitive, reliable and meet the needs of our customers
- Design and build a component library that will be the basis of all of Indigo’s user interfaces – both web and mobile
- All mobile and web applications are fully tested, crash-proof and easily monitored with strong report-ability back to Indigo
- Obsessed with delivering air tight, bug-free software
- Maniacally focused on the end-user and customer and their user experience needs
- Passion for developing customer-delightful and easy-to-use user interfaces, working directly with and demonstrating a deep understanding of the end-user / customer
- Passion for software development and modern software development practices, including lean and agile
- Egoless and works and interacts well with software engineering, product management, business development and customers
- Passion for Indigo mission and values
- Able to get out in the field and excited to do so
- Great listener and communicator, written and oral
- Technically knowledgeable and not afraid to technically challenge other engineers
- Ability and passion to quickly learn new technologies and industries, staying up-to-date with the latest technology and best practices
- Results oriented, demonstrating a passion to release software, while not compromising on quality
- 2+ years of building scalable web or hybrid mobile applications using a modern web framework such as React or Angular 2+ (React preferred but not required)
- Intimate knowledge of front-end testing methodologies – unit testing, browser automation (snapshot testing and more advanced techniques a huge plus)
- Knowledge of designing and integrating with REST or GraphQL APIs
- Experience building tooling in Node.js
- Demonstrable experience and knowledge of the differences between web and mobile application development and the tradeoffs of each
- Experience setting up monitoring solutions to track users and catch issues in Production
- Actively practicing lean / agile software methodologies or similar
- Experience working cross-functionally with Software Product Management, Architecture, User Experience and users to realize application development vision
What if nature could be harnessed to help farmers sustainably feed the planet? Since 2014, Indigo has questioned agriculture's full value chain to improve grower profitability, environmental sustainability, and consumer health. The company’s scientific discoveries and digital innovations have amplified new value from soil to sale, benefiting more than 10,000 growers to date. Indigo is also the company behind The Terraton Initiative, a global effort to drawdown one trillion tons of atmospheric carbon dioxide by unlocking the potential of agricultural soils. In 2019, Indigo was ranked #1 on CNBC’s Disruptor 50 list.
Headquartered in Boston, MA, Indigo has additional offices in Memphis, TN; Research Triangle Park, NC; Sydney, Australia; Buenos Aires, Argentina; Basel, Switzerland; and São Paulo, Brazil.
Indigo is committed to living our values, specifically “creating a work environment where everyone feels respected, connected, and has opportunities to learn and grow.” As part of living our values, we strive to create a diverse and inclusive work environment where everyone feels they can be themselves and has an equal opportunity of succeeding.