We’re an international agtech startup pioneering an ambitious mission in a budding industry where agriculture meets technology. Through the use of data-driven insights, natural microbiology, and innovative digital technologies, Indigo is partnering across the supply chain, ultimately cultivating a scalable climate solution and enhanced ecosystem that beneficially serves farmers, consumers, and the planet alike.
Our mission is unique, and therefore our teams are too: from multigenerational farming experts, who understand the land as though it were an extension of themselves, to cutting-edge technologists and scientists on the frontier of innovation, our teams are a reflection of the range of the stakeholders we serve: the Earth, the Farmer, and the Consumer. Indigo is extraordinary, and we owe that to the individuals who make up our community and enable success through diversity of thought, experience, background, perspective, race, sexuality, gender, age, and everything else that makes a person uniquely themselves. Connected by a common vision and empowered by diversity, we aren’t ordinary, and neither are you. Embrace your extraordinary and join Indigo in cultivating a healthier planet fueled by unique game changers.
Principal Software Engineer, Carbon - Data Collection
As a Principal Software Engineer on the Carbon Team, you will be working in close collaboration with world class product managers, designers, and agronomic experts to create sophisticated systems to bring more farming data into our system, making it easier and more scalable to generate Carbon Credits.
Your expertise in software development on both the front- and back-end will help us create a world class experience for our customers, and contribute to the fight against climate change.
Indigo helps farmers make farming more sustainable to combat climate change and protect the environment. Our grain, carbon and transportation marketplaces enable farmers to profit from those sustainable choices.
As a Principal Software Engineer on this team you will
- Lead projects to success in order to make an impact, focused on data sourcing and integration, both in the backend and in the UI
- Collaborate with engineers and other technical resources at Indigo to ensure the quality & reliability of the platform
- Brainstorm features with product managers and domain experts based on your knowledge of the codebase
- Be responsible for developing new areas of Indigos Carbon Data Infrastructure, with an eye towards long-term sustainability
- Drive planning long term technical roadmaps
- You’ll expertly review code, have your code reviewed, and mentor other engineers
- 5+ years experience building and deploying high-quality production services
- 1+ years in a technical leadership capacity (providing technical direction to other engineers)
- Professional Experience with Python
- Experience with web UI development ideally with Typescript & React
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Proficient in both Front End and Back End development in general, with deep expertise in at least one
- Strong computer science fundamentals: data structures, algorithms, programming languages, distributed systems, and data management.
- Strong communication skills. You can lead technical architecture discussions and help drive technical decisions within your team.
- A passion for good user experience.
Nice to haves:
- Professional experience with any of the following technologies
- React & Typescript
- Geospatial Data/GIS systems
- Data Ingestions/ETL services
- Experience with or a keen interest in Agronomic/Farming data
We’re building the technology to feed the world and fight climate change. We believe that through teamwork we can achieve more to benefit all of agriculture: from farmers to consumers to the planet.
Game changers don't fit in a box. The requirements listed above are examples of what we think enables success in this role, but we recognize the impossibility of fully capturing a singularly perfect description, and we believe in the power of diversified and creative displays of skills and qualifications. We embrace unconventional. We embrace creativity. We embrace a challenge to the status quo. If the specifications in the list above aren’t an exact match… great! Apply, be you, and be proud that you aren’t ordinary (we certainly aren’t!).
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Health, dental, and vision insurance for you and your family
- Generous time off
- Parental leave
- A remote-first organization with flexible work hours
- Catered Lunches
- Commuter benefits
- 401(k) plan