Our mission is unique, and therefore our teams are too: from multigenerational farming experts who understand the land as though it were an extension of themselves, to cutting-edge technologists and scientists on the frontier of innovation, our teams are a reflection of the range of the stakeholders we serve: the Earth, the Farmer, and the Consumer. Indigo is extraordinary, and we owe that to the individuals who make up our community and enable success through the diversity of thought, experience, background, perspective, race, sexuality, gender, age, and everything else that makes a person uniquely themselves. Connected by a common vision and empowered by diversity, we aren’t ordinary, and neither are you. Embrace your extraordinary and join Indigo in cultivating a healthier planet fueled by unique game changers.
We’re an international agtech startup pioneering an ambitious mission in a budding industry where agriculture meets technology. Through the use of data-driven insights, natural microbiology, and innovative software technologies, Indigo Ag helps farmers make farming more sustainable to combat climate change, protect the environment, and be more profitable in the process.
Interested in using Data Science to fight climate change at a scale where it will actually make a difference? Read on.
The specific mission of Indigo Carbon is to facilitate removing Carbon Dioxide and other greenhouse gases from the atmosphere through helping farmers transition to “regenerative” practices, which have been shown to draw carbon from the air into the soil as well as reduce emissions of things like Methane and Nitrous Oxide (this is often called Carbon Farming).
Applying this globally at scale is by some margin the single most powerful decarbonization mechanism currently known.
As a Director of Data Science for Indigo’s Carbon Program, you will guide our Data Science team to help us build smarter, more data-driven models and products, as well as drive strategic decisions based on insights from the data.
The work of your team will span the entirety of the Carbon Farming journey, from understanding farmer behavior in the software to data collection and carbon sequestration modeling, to statistical analysis of Carbon Credits and environmental impact.
- Collaborate with product, engineering, research, and other functional experts to shape a shared, data-driven strategic vision for Data Science across the company
- Cultivate a culture of executional excellence and rigor
- Support, develop and grow a healthy Carbon Data Science team
- Provide technical leadership and mentorship to Data Scientists across Carbon and Indigo overall
- Partner with Product, Engineering, and cross-functional teams to inform, influence, support, and execute product strategy and investments
- 7+ years of experience in an analytical role in technology, hardware, consulting, investment banking, or product management
- 7+ years of experience doing quantitative analysis
- 3+ years managing data science or similar teams
- Experience communicating the results of data science work to influence company and product direction
- Track record of shipping production models or influencing strategic direction with analysis work
- Experience with Python and SQL
- Deep expertise in modern machine learning techniques
- Experience initiating and driving projects to completion with minimal guidance
- Demonstrated experience in hiring, retaining, and scaling high-performing teams
- Ph.D or Masters or a Graduate Degree in Computer Science, Math, Statistics, Physics, Engineering, or related quantitative field
- Experience in a highly dynamic startup environment is desired
- Deep understanding of statistical analysis
- Experience with Agricultural data is a big plus
We’re building the technology to feed the world and fight climate change. We believe that through teamwork we can achieve more to benefit all of agriculture: from farmers to consumers to the planet.
Game changers don't fit in a box. The requirements listed above are examples of what we think enables success in this role, but we recognize the impossibility of fully capturing a singularly perfect description, and we believe in the power of diversified and creative displays of skills and qualifications. We embrace the unconventional. We embrace creativity. We embrace a challenge to the status quo. If the specifications in the list above aren’t an exact match… great! Apply, be you, and be proud that you aren’t ordinary (we certainly aren’t!).
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Health, dental, and vision insurance for you and your family
- Generous time off
- Parental leave
- A remote-first organization with flexible work hours
- Commuter benefits
- 401(k) plan