Launched in 2019, Carbon by Indigo aspires to bring agriculture to the forefront of solutions for climate change by creating the highest quality, verified, farm-based carbon credits. We leverage technology, systems thinking, and cutting edge soil science to solve big problems in ways that benefit farmers, consumers, and the planet.
Carbon by Indigo makes it possible for more farmers to farm more profitably, creating new revenue streams and building soil resilience by reinstating the natural biological, chemical, and geological relationships necessary for plants to flourish in a self-sustaining ecosystem. We are unlocking the world’s largest potential untapped carbon sink -- representing a real and significant opportunity to draw down atmospheric carbon levels -- to restore the health of our planet.
The Carbon Operations team is responsible for bringing strategy and vision to life -- we enable our sales teams, support our farmers, manage field logistics, and measure our business success. You will have the opportunity to work closely with a team of very diverse backgrounds, from strategists, startup gurus, exceptional product and engineering talent to a team of dedicated agriculturists, leading soil scientists and soil health experts, along with a myriad of other functions.
The Onboarding Coordinator (OC) is a role within the Carbon Operations function, and is responsible for ensuring the successful onboarding and participation of enrolled farmers in the Carbon by Indigo program. The role is the single point of contact supporting a farmer in their first 1-2 years with Carbon by Indigo, and is essential in establishing a positive, long-term relationship between farmer and Indigo. The OC is responsible for ensuring farmers know how to navigate the program, are comfortable and excited to do so, and are able to reach the ultimate goal of being paid for carbon credits generated on their farm. This is a role with lots of opportunities to provide input, the ability to help shape a new team and its processes, and with ample room for growth.
- There are four main outcomes the Onboarding Coordinator is responsible for achieving across all farmers in their portfolio, regardless of the farmers’ background or existing knowledge base:
- Planning for and indicate practice changes, and confirming implementation
- Entering farm records, reviewing feedback, and filing completed farm records
- Driving adoption of and engagement with the Carbon by Indigo software
- Ensuring a consistently excellent customer experience
- Your day-to-day responsibilities are centered around four main themes:
- 1. Educating farmers so they know how to navigate the Carbon by Indigo program (e.g., adopt Carbon software), understanding what they need to do to be successful, and are comfortable with what’s required of them
- 2. Setting expectations by ensuring farmers have a clear, personalized plan in place to participate in the program, working towards carbon credit generation within 12 months - and celebrate milestones when they reach them
- 3. Ensuring high levels of customer satisfaction by helping farmers become excited about their participation in the program and the outcomes they can generate
- 4. Enabling customer retention and growth by ensuring farmers continue to participate in Carbon by Indigo after their inaugural year and expand their impact (e.g., adding practices, expanding acreage) over time
- Day-to-day responsibilities would include but not be limited to:
- Manage a portfolio of farmers through their extended onboarding journey (first 1-2 years post-enrollment) as their single point of contact
- Build strong relationships by providing emotionally meaningful experiences and executing "personalized" onboarding strategies based on customer profile and goals
- Serve as champion for the farmer - as the face of Indigo to the farmer once enrolled in the program, interface with farmers to ensure all their questions, needs, and issues are understood and addressed; collaborate with other teams and functions at Indigo in order to do so
- Represent the farmer within Indigo as the relationship owner for marketing, outreach, testing, research, and other purposes
- Collaborate with Indigo partners who operate in the region you represent, answering program questions, connecting growers with other available resources, and helping them navigate and troubleshoot the Indigo by Carbon software
- Constantly look for ways to improve the farmers’ onboarding experience and make tools and processes used more efficient and effective
- Provide detailed, frequent feedback and learnings on farmer experience, farmer journey, farmer behavior, etc. to internal stakeholders
- Work closely with the software and engineering team to influence new product features and functionality based on customer feedback
- Enable an actionable, data-driven feedback loop with all stakeholders by proactively informing them of customer insights, experience trends, and patterns
- In collaboration with your Carbon Grower Onboarding team, own, operationalize, deliver and optimize portfolio of onboarding tools and processes
- Monitor the performance of farmers in your portfolio to ensure their progress through the onboarding plan, and address any open issues to ensure timely resolution and excellent customer experience
- Collaborate with Carbon BI to report on progress and insights
- Keep farmer Salesforce accounts up to date
- Success in this role would be measured by key metrics, including:
- Farmer CSAT (customer satisfaction)
- Farmer milestones achieved
- Farmer carbon credits generated
- Farmer retention YOY
- Farmer acreage expansion and/or addition of practice change
- Farmer engagement in community opportunities / other peer-based activities
Skilled at ensuring successful adoption of technology and supporting farmers with software and program inquiries, the OC is excited about learning and able to juggle many priorities at once. To succeed in this position, candidates should be solution- and teamwork-oriented, highly customer-centric, proactive, adaptable, comfortable working in an ambiguous environment, and have the clear ability to build trust with farmers. Lastly, they are passionate about agriculture, farming as a solution to climate change, and improving farmer livelihoods.
- Time management, attention to detail, and organization skills in order to handle multiple tasks and support a portfolio of farmers at once in meeting critical program deadlines
- Strong teamwork orientation both within and across teams, and ability to thrive on a diverse team
- Strong interpersonal skills, patience, and customer service / centric orientation with desire to help customers resolve issues
- Excitement for learning and willingness to teach and coach others in both 1:1 and 1:many formats
- Tech savvy and comfortable with guiding others through new technology / software
- Passionate about farming, sustainability, and/or regenerative agriculture
- Dynamic, representative personality who possesses a positive attitude and desire to exceed expectations
- Proven ability to thrive in a rapidly changing environment; comfortable with ambiguity and complexity
- Problem solver, creative, and proactive - in terms of supporting farmers directly and in continuously improving the experience, process, and tools
- Professional demeanor with excellent written and verbal communication ability
- Post-secondary education preferred; relevant experience required
- Experience working or living on farms or in the agricultural ecosystem with knowledge of farming basics and an understanding of farm economics is preferred
- 3-5 years of professional experience preferred, which could include customer service in ag-related fields, account management, education, or other customer- or user-centric role
- Experience using and educating other users on novel technologies and/or experience working with software technologies
We’re an international AgTech startup pioneering an ambitious mission in a high-growth industry where agriculture meets technology to solve our toughest climate and economic challenges. Through the use of data-driven insights, natural microbiology, and innovative digital technologies, Indigo is partnering across the supply chain, ultimately cultivating a scalable climate solution and enhanced partner ecosystem that beneficially serves farmers, consumers, and the planet alike.
Our mission is unique, and therefore our teams are too: from multigenerational farmers who understand the land as though it were an extension of themselves, to cutting-edge scientists on the frontier of innovation, our teams are a reflection of the range of the stakeholders we serve: the Farmer, the Consumer, and the Earth.