We are an international AgTech startup pioneering an ambitious mission in a high-growth industry where agriculture meets technology to solve our toughest climate and economic challenges. Through the use of data-driven insights, natural microbiology, and innovative digital technologies, Indigo Ag is partnering across the supply chain, ultimately cultivating a scalable climate solution and enhanced partner ecosystem that beneficially serves farmers, consumers, and the planet alike.
Our mission is unique, and therefore our teams are too: from multigenerational farming gurus who understand the land as though it were an extension of themselves, to cutting-edge techies on the frontier of innovation, our teams are a reflection of the range of the stakeholders we serve: the Earth, the Farmer, and the Consumer.
The Carbon Experimentation team combines internal field experiments and scientific partnerships to explore the frontiers of carbon sequestration and quantification technologies. We are looking for a data analyst who is excited by the challenge of turning complex data from the physical world into insights that drive decisions and inform the future of Indigo’s Carbon program.
Reporting & Quality Assurance:
- Provide a centralized overview of data available for model development, including both internal experiments and literature review
- Update and take ownership of current dashboards and queries to guide operations and data collection for field experiments, including the Soil Carbon Experiment
- Define automated data quality tests, which can be implemented by a software engineering or field data team
- Translate diverse data streams into standardized inputs for running a range of models
- Translate outputs from a range of models into standard formats for evaluating their performance
Analysis & Exploration:
- In collaboration with data scientists, apply statistical methods to evaluate model bias, variance, and uncertainty
- in collaboration with data scientists, explore data from tech pilots, internal experiments, data sharing agreements, etc.
- Collaborate on data exploration and reporting with teammates using a version control system, working in SQL and/or Python
- Understand and manipulate data to create useful visualizations with actionable insights for internal and external consumption. Make creative and aesthetically appealing visuals that tell a story to enable clear and impactful action
- Collaborate well cross-functionally in a professional and effective manner. Balance and prioritize competing demands to create the highest overall value
- Translate functional requirements into easy-to-use, flexible reporting solutions and dashboards
- Quantify the statistical significance of simple experimental trials
- Able to articulate complex ideas and concepts into understandable insights that enable decisions for specific audiences
- Refine broad or ambiguous goals into clear questions and actions
- Demonstrate outstanding problem-solving skills
- Track record of being a self-starter and actively seeking answers to questions
- BS or higher in a technical field, such as Physics, Agronomy, or Statistics (preferred) and/or relevant industry experience
- Technical Requirements:
- Experience with data modeling and warehouse architecture.
- Proficiency with visualization frameworks (prior experience with Looker preferred).
- Expertise with SQL (any dialect).
- Experience with version control (preferred)
- Experience with Python, R, or another programming language
- Experience working cross-functionally:
- Experience working with agile software development teams (preferred)
- Ability to work with diverse stakeholders to translate ambiguity into clear project requirements
- Experience working in a fast-paced, growth environment
Indigo is committed to living our values, specifically “creating a work environment where everyone feels respected, connected, and has opportunities to learn and grow.” As part of living our values, we strive to create a diverse and inclusive work environment where everyone feels they can be themselves and has an equal opportunity of succeeding.