We’re an international AgTech startup pioneering an ambitious mission in a high-growth industry where agriculture meets technology to solve our toughest climate and economic challenges. Through the use of data-driven insights, natural microbiology, and innovative digital technologies, Indigo is partnering across the supply chain, ultimately cultivating a scalable climate solution and enhanced partner ecosystem that beneficially serves farmers, consumers, and the planet alike.
Our mission is unique, and therefore our teams are too: from multigenerational farming experts who understand the land as though it were an extension of themselves, to cutting-edge technologists and scientists on the frontier of innovation, our teams are a reflection of the range of the stakeholders we serve: the Earth, the Farmer, and the Consumer.
The Mid South Territory Manager for Indigo will be the primary customer touchpoint for their territory. Customers will include local retailers, high value growers, and other local channel partners. They represent Indigo and are well versed in all Indigo value propositions, especially Carbon and Biologicals.
This person will also be responsible for supporting Indigo’s deal with VF (North Face, etc), which will include building out a book of growers, cotton gins, retailers, coops, and other players that will assist in generating certified regenerative cotton for one of the largest global apparel companies. Cotton buying experience is a must for this role, as well as a focus on providing the best possible customer experience. This role extends far beyond a traditional account management position and will require the candidate to demonstrate strong business acumen, understanding of ag business, and exceptional emotional intelligence.
The Territory Manager will need to intimately understand Indigo’s Carbon and Biologicals offerings, articulate the benefits of Indigo’s solutions, and grow their customers’ usage of Indigo offerings. The Territory Manager will partner with experienced Indigo Subject Matter Experts to enable customer success.
- Graduates training certified in effectively communicating Indigo’s mission, technology, services and solutions including Biologicals and Carbon. Demonstrates skill in addressing questions/resistance and account management skills
- Systematically identifies account opportunities and grows Indigo’s footprint whether assigned to them or developed on his/her own through an account-based selling approach. Is responsible for designing and executing a plan to source regenerative cotton through Indigo’s Carbon program and other sources.
- Expands relationships with customers through a consultative sales approach that gets them to adopt Indigo solutions across the crop lifecycle
- Serves as primary relationship manager for customers and deploys customer-facing team of Subject Matter Experts as needed
- Maintains customer accounts, sales stages, important notes, and sales process information in salesforce.com CRM tool and utilizes other sales enablement technologies provided to them.
- Can breakdown complex new products to effectively influence, test and create adoption with customers
- Understands the customer’s needs that cultivates trust and lasting relationships
- Shows optimism and an ability to recover from setbacks and keep going despite adversity
- Exhibits an ability to adopt change willingly and adjust to changing expectations
- Shows a desire to improve abilities and a need to master difficult tasks for growth
- Has accountability for their actions that shows initiative and brings about positive results
- Has clear communication skills, written and verbal
- Strong business sense and understanding of economics especially as it relates to agriculture
- Able to utilize new technologies and tools to provide data-driven information to growers
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Works well as part of a team, can operate independently and prioritize
- Bachelor’s degree required
Preferred degrees: Agribusiness, Agronomy, Marketing, Finance, and Business
- Experience working directly with farmers
- At least three years of cotton buying experience, and a preferred passion for regenerative/sustainable solutions
- An existing book of business with local retailers, large growers/landowners, or other channel partners is a plus
- Ability to understand micro-market considerations for agriculture in the territory
- Comfortable with technology and agriculture management software
- Proven ability to meet/exceed customer growth targets in the agriculture industry
- Demonstrated adaptability in sales skills, processes and approaches
Indigo is committed to living our values, specifically “creating a work environment where everyone feels respected, connected, and has opportunities to learn and grow.” As part of living our values, we strive to create a diverse and inclusive work environment where everyone feels they can be themselves and has an equal opportunity of succeeding.