Indigo is a company dedicated to harnessing nature to help farmers sustainably feed the planet. With a vision of creating a world where farming is an economically desirable and accessible profession, Indigo works alongside its growers to apply natural approaches, grow healthy food for all, and conserve resources for future generations. Utilizing beneficial plant microbes to improve crop health and productivity, Indigo’s portfolio is focused on cotton, wheat, rice, corn, and soybeans. The company is headquartered in Boston, MA, with commercial and customer service based in Memphis, TN. www.indigoag.com
As a Senior Technical Program Manager for Indigo Data Platform, you will have the opportunity to collaborate with many teams across the organization to define a best-in-class data platform offering. A deep understanding of customer problems, a sound technical acumen, and an understanding how data flows are critical cornerstones of what makes our data team tick. In this role, you will collaborate closely with multiple product teams to align product and data roadmaps.
What does a successful data product look like at Indigo?
A successful data product is one that allow faster development of insights and decisions in an exponential manner. Part of your job would be to understand how groups use data inside the company, how our user facing products evolve and deliver high impact products.
How do we work?
We are not perfect. In fact, we are learning through trial and error every day. We try new things, take risks, make educated guesses, and move quickly. We are an agile shop, and believe that the trifecta of product management, software development and user experience design is the key to building the best software solutions. A growth mindset, excellent communication and collaboration skills are a must.
· Develop deep understanding of existing and planned solutions and capabilities of our software and data platforms.
· Achieve familiarity where business logic lives, how that flows into the data platform and how that would define data products to be used among various use cased (including back-end services, API layer and the UI)
· Evaluate 3rd-party vendor solutions and propose partnership/integration strategies
· Analyze competitive landscape and assess areas where Indigo can provide unique value
· Collaborate with multiple teams across the Indigo organization to:
· Determine the short and long-term vision for your segment of the product
· Define business impact of delivering on that vision
· Align data and product roadmaps with business objectives
· Create and prioritize use cases
· Assume primary Product Ownership responsibilities (roadmap, user stories, prioritization, stakeholder buy-in)
· Ensure that voice of the customer is a key component in prioritizing your work
· Establish clear and concise communications channels with cross-functional stakeholders (i.e. Engineering, Marketing, Ops, Data Science) to provide visibility into the plans for our roadmap
· Establish trust and ongoing communication with internal & external customers
· Facilitate feedback on key decisions
· Clearly articulate product value and your plans for increasing that value to senior management
Indigo Mission & Values:
· Excited by Indigo’s mission; believes that Indigo can fundamentally change the agriculture industry; can clearly articulate passion for our mission and values
· Optimistic and innovative; solution-oriented; shows no signs of cynicism
· Will be widely viewed as someone who personifies our core values, is committed to them, and leans on them when making decisions. Specifically:
· Demonstrates a track record of high integrity - doing the right thing, owning mistakes, conducting oneself honestly
· Values, communicates and interacts with others with high levels of transparency and respect
· Collaborates well across functions; creates an inspiring and collegial work environment
· Ability to balance customer-centricity, stakeholder expectations and technical feasibility for data products, clearly articulating tradeoffs
· Ability to define, gain buy-in from stakeholders, and drive product vision for a data products and platform
· Excellent cross-functional communicator, able to work with a diverse set of internal and external stakeholders
· Ability to translate business needs into product roadmap, technology specifications and use cases
· Innate eye for taking complex problems and solutions and breaking them down to deliver incremental value
· Highly aligned and deep understanding of company strategy, mapping strategy to execution
· Process orientation with strong time-management skills and demonstrated ability to change course, as needed
· Decisive and well-informed decision-maker
· Able to structure and process qualitative and quantitative data and draw insightful conclusions
· Proactively brings new ideas to the table, spanning people, process and product
· 7-10 years Program Management Experience
· Proven track record of building and delivering excellent data products
· Bonus if worked closely with frontend product teams to understand data flows
· Experience working directly with multiple data teams (Data, Analytics, BI) in an agile/lean development environment
· Active Communication skills (communicating out and listening successfully)
· Innate ability to drive business outcomes utilizing data for decision making
Indigo is committed to living our values, specifically “creating a work environment where everyone feels respected, connected, and has opportunities to learn and grow.” As part of living our values, we strive to create a diverse and inclusive work environment where everyone feels they can be themselves and has an equal opportunity of succeeding.