We’re an international agtech startup pioneering an ambitious mission in a budding industry where agriculture meets technology. Through the use of data-driven insights, natural microbiology, and innovative digital technologies, Indigo is partnering across the supply chain, ultimately cultivating a scalable climate solution and enhanced ecosystem that beneficially serves farmers, consumers, and the planet alike.
Our mission is unique, and therefore our teams are too: from multigenerational farming gurus who understand the land as though it were an extension of themselves, to cutting-edge techies on the frontier of innovation, our teams are a reflection of the range of the stakeholders we serve: the Earth, the Farmer, and the Consumer. Indigo is extraordinary, and we owe that to the individuals who make up our community and enable success through diversity of thought, experience, background, perspective, race, sexuality, gender, age, and everything else that makes a person uniquely themselves. Connected by a common vision and empowered by diversity, we aren’t ordinary, and neither are you. Embrace your extraordinary and join Indigo in cultivating a healthier planet fueled by unique game changers.
Staff API Engineer, Marketplace
As a Staff API Engineer on the Marketplace team, you’ll create scalable, distributed systems that integrate with a rich ecosystem of services to power web, mobile, and desktop applications. Your expertise in interface design will help us deliver a flexible backend to our growing suite of world-class marketplace products.
As a Staff API engineer at Indigo you’ll:
- Lead projects end to end, from design to implementation to deployment to production support, communicating any risks and issues to stakeholders.
- Collaborate with product managers, front-end engineers, and data science engineers to spec, build, test and deploy high quality code in the cloud.
- Promote applicable design patterns, refactoring code where necessary, to maintain organizational consistency.
- Design and implement performant APIs using a modern web stack consisting of TypeScript, GraphQL, and Apollo.
- Ensure that all APIs are adequately tested in an automated framework, including functional and performance tests.
- Expertly review code, have your code reviewed, and mentor other engineers.
- Voice your expertise to provide technical constraints and solutions to product managers, with a focus on incremental delivery.
You might be a good fit if:
- You have a bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field, or equivalent work experience.
- You’ve been building backend web applications professionally for 5+ years.
- You possess strong computer science fundamentals: data structures, algorithms, programming languages, distributed systems, and data management.
- You have deep experience in one or more imperative programming languages.
- You possess a strong understanding of the web request/response lifecycle and API design -- including versioning, isolation and microservice architectures.
- You have experience deploying and monitoring software in a cloud provider such as AWS, Azure or GCP.
- You have developed software that deals directly with transactional systems, trading systems, e-commerce, or marketplaces.
- You understand how to design APIs and libraries that are easy for clients to use, while protecting the SLAs of the backend systems.
- You’re able to research, propose, and evangelize new technologies or software patterns to improve the software ecosystem.
- You’re a strong communicator that can convey technical concepts and trade-offs to both engineering and business audiences.
- You have prior experience working in a fast-paced, agile environment.
- You bring a positive attitude, a sense of humor, and self awareness.
- You are a perpetual learner and passionate about technology.
Help Indigo improve grower profitability, environmental sustainability, and consumer health at a global scale.
We’re building the technology to feed the world and fight climate change. We believe that through teamwork we can achieve more to benefit all of agriculture: from farmers to consumers to the planet.
Game changers don't fit in a box. The requirements listed below are examples of what we think enables success in this role, but we recognize the impossibility of fully capturing a singularly perfect description, and we believe in the power of diversified and creative displays of skills and qualifications. We embrace unconventional. We embrace creativity. We embrace a challenge to the status quo. If the specifications in the list below aren’t an exact match… great! Apply, be you, and be proud that you aren’t ordinary (we certainly aren’t!).
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Health, dental, and vision insurance for you and your family
- Generous time off
- Parental leave
- A remote-first organization with flexible work hours
- Catered Lunches
- Commuter benefits
- 401(k) plan