We’re an international agtech startup pioneering an ambitious mission in a budding industry where agriculture meets technology. Through the use of data-driven insights, natural microbiology, and innovative digital technologies, Indigo is partnering across the supply chain, ultimately cultivating a scalable climate solution and enhanced ecosystem that beneficially serves farmers, consumers, and the planet alike.
Our mission is unique, and therefore our teams are too: from multigenerational farming gurus who understand the land as though it were an extension of themselves, to cutting-edge techies on the frontier of innovation, our teams are a reflection of the range of the stakeholders we serve: the Earth, the Farmer, and the Consumer. Indigo is extraordinary, and we owe that to the individuals who make up our community and enable success through diversity of thought, experience, background, perspective, race, sexuality, gender, age, and everything else that makes a person uniquely themselves. Connected by a common vision and empowered by diversity, we aren’t ordinary, and neither are you. Embrace your extraordinary and join Indigo in cultivating a healthier planet fueled by unique game changers.
Senior Software Engineer, Transport
Indigo has a number of open roles for software engineers to build the transportation platform we use for moving grain after purchase on the marketplace. Software engineering tasks range from modeling a trucking workflow, database administration, to writing API contracts supporting internal and external customer consumption across a network of tens of thousands of carriers.
We look for a track record of the following:
- Experience designing, implementing, and shipping live API code to customers (not necessarily related to logistics or shipping)
- Having built the wrong system enough times to avoid the common pitfalls, whether building something personally or advising others
- Willingness to debug problems across the stack, such as networking issues, performance problems, or memory leaks
You might be a good fit if you:
- Know your way around a Unix shell
- Are self-directed and enjoy designing great APIs and abstractions
- Own problems end-to-end, and are willing to pick up whatever knowledge you're missing to get the job done
- Are detail-oriented, and like to get the system working but know when to cut corners versus getting it exactly right
- Know how to communicate in a remote-first environment
In this role, you will work on a team with a mix of UI and mobile developers towards a common goal.
We’re building the technology to feed the world and fight climate change. We believe that through teamwork we can achieve more to benefit all of agriculture: from farmers to consumers to the planet.
Game changers don't fit in a box. The requirements listed above are examples of what we think enables success in this role, but we recognize the impossibility of fully capturing a singularly perfect description, and we believe in the power of diversified and creative displays of skills and qualifications. We embrace unconventional. We embrace creativity. We embrace a challenge to the status quo. If the specifications in the list below aren’t an exact match… great! Apply, be you, and be proud that you aren’t ordinary (we certainly aren’t!).
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Health, dental, and vision insurance for you and your family
- Generous time off
- Parental leave
- A remote-first organization with flexible work hours
- Catered Lunches
- Commuter benefits
- 401(k) plan