Staff Software Engineer, Carbon Platform
As a Staff Software Engineer on the Carbon Platform team, you will be working on close collaboration with world class data scientists to create sophisticated systems and infrastructure to quantify carbon in agricultural soils and generate carbon credits. Your expertise in software development will help us create a world-class experience for our customers.
Indigo helps farmers make farming more sustainable to combat climate change and protect the environment. Our grain, carbon and transportation marketplaces enable farmers to profit from those sustainable choices.
- Build well-documented and maintainable critical features within existing API
- Design reliable and high-quality backend systems in the cloud, architecting data flow to APIs to support field scale
- Communicate risks and issues to stakeholders and work together to find a path forward
- Lead projects end to end, from design to implementation to deployment to production support, contributing across functions
- Understands how to build high-throughput APIs and data processing pipelines
- Understands how to design APIs and client libraries that are easy for users to use, while protecting the SLAs of the backend system
- Understands how to build reliable and maintainable systems in a cloud environment
- Able to research and propose new technologies or software patterns to make improvements
- Evangelizes modern software engineering practices, and can speak to the pros and cons of approaches such as microservices vs. monoliths, mono vs. shared repos, containers vs. VMs
- Strong collaboration and communication skills
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment
- You’ve been building software professionally for 4+ years
- You have deep experience in one or more modern programming languages. We work primarily in Python but alternate experience is acceptable.
- You have experience working with a cloud provider, such as AWS or GCP
- You are a strong communicator. You can lead technical architecture discussions and help drive technical decisions within your team.
- You're comfortable collaborating across teams to discuss technical and usability trade-offs.
- You strive to create fast, reliable, testable and documented code that others can understand.
- You have a bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- You bring a positive attitude, a sense of humor, and self awareness.
Indigo is committed to living our values, specifically “creating a work environment where everyone feels respected, connected, and has opportunities to learn and grow.” As part of living our values, we strive to create a diverse and inclusive work environment where everyone feels they can be themselves and has an equal opportunity of succeeding.
Are you looking for a challenge and to make a difference?
Indigo is a company dedicated to harnessing nature to help farmers sustainably feed the planet. With a vision of creating a world where farming is an economically desirable and accessible profession, Indigo works alongside its growers to apply natural approaches, conserve resources for future generations, and grow healthy food for all. Utilizing beneficial plant microbes to improve crop health and productivity, Indigo’s portfolio is focused on cotton, wheat, barley, corn, soybeans, and rice.
The company is headquartered in Boston, MA, with additional offices in Memphis, TN, Research Triangle Park, NC, Basel, Switzerland, Buenos Aires, Argentina, and São Paulo, Brazil.