Indigo improves grower profitability, environmental sustainability, and consumer health using natural microbiology and digital technologies. Utilizing beneficial plant microbes and agronomic insights, Indigo works with growers to sustainably produce high quality harvests. The company then connects growers and buyers directly to bring these harvests to market. Working across the supply chain, Indigo is forwarding its mission of harnessing nature to help farmers sustainably feed the planet. The company is headquartered in Boston, MA, with additional offices in Memphis, TN, Research Triangle Park, NC, Buenos Aires, Argentina, and São Paulo, Brazil
The National Key Accounts Manager will work through Indigo’s identified target customer profiles, define repeatable sales roadmaps, and develop and convert a pipeline of Enterprise sales opportunities that ultimately create demand for Indigo’s Marketplace offering in line with the company’s transaction, sales, and gross margin targets.
- Establish keen understanding of Indigo’s product offerings, key objectives, and opportunities for growth.
- Familiarize self with Indigo product offerings and meet with cross-functional internal stakeholders to determine opportunities in the current state of those offerings
- Determine target assigned accounts in Salesforce and develop sales strategy with Market Development leadership
- Create a presence in front of Indigo commercial sales leads.
- Be “in-market” and continue to develop sales pipeline through new prospecting calls and follow-through of initial contacts
- Be able to articulate the value drivers of Indigo’s current offerings to key Executive stakeholders at target companies
- Understand availability of and how to leverage internal resources to assist in sales process
- Own full-cycle sales development of prospect/target companies
- Be comfortable leading presentation to a broad audience of potential Indigo customers
- Determine objections/hurdles from target customers and be able to relay feedback to product offering management/marketing teams
- Account Development & Management
- Have the ability to close accounts and also maintain relationships after initial close
- Become a true partner to accounts and be able to close more offerings as they arise
- Have the ability to eloquently provide both positive & negative feedback to product management/development team
- Understands and embodies our mission & core values
- Excited by Indigo’s mission; believes that Indigo can fundamentally change the agriculture industry; can clearly articulate passion for our mission and values
- Optimistic and innovative; solution-oriented; shows no signs of cynicism
- Will be widely viewed as someone who personifies our core values, is committed to them, and leans on them when making decisions. Specifically:
- Demonstrates a track record of high integrity - doing the right thing, owning mistakes, conducting oneself honestly
- Values, communicates and interacts with others with high levels of transparency and respect
- Collaborates well across functions; creates an inspiring and collegial work environment
- Strong listener, Emotional Quotient and highly inquisitive
- Comfortable with technology
- Customer-focused, fact-based problem solver
- Expertise in establishing value-based pricing combined with reality-based product and service differentiation.
- Strong goal orientation
- Entrepreneurial spirit (i.e. bias for action, sense of urgency, persistent, and resilient)
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Self-directed, detail-oriented, organized, ability to adhere to the established sales process
- High degree of integrity and accountability
- Comfortable with ambiguity
- 8+ years in strategic, agricultural enterprise sales or other relevant commercial roles that involved introducing new products to existing and/or new markets in a B2B environment. Early career in technical roles would prove helpful.
- 4+ years closing large, complex, strategic deals
- Experience in agriculture industry
- Experience and willingness to utilize CRM tools and practices (Salesforce preferred)
- Willingness to travel >50+% to customers and/or Indigo locations
- Strong Microsoft Office proficiency
- Proven sales acumen