Product Marketing Manager - Carbon Demand
Indigo Carbon’s mission to reverse the trajectory of climate change. Launched in 2019, Indigo Carbon aspires to bring agriculture to the forefront of solutions for climate change by creating the highest quality, verified, farm-based carbon credits. We leverage technology, systems thinking, and cutting-edge soil science to solve big problems in ways that benefit farmers, consumers, and the planet.
Indigo Carbon makes farmers the heroes in addressing climate change. We help growers adopt new practices that boost the resilience and profitability of their crops, while drawing carbon out of the atmosphere. In doing so we are unlocking the world’s largest potential untapped carbon sink to restore the health of our planet.
Critical to that effort is recruiting corporate supporters. Companies on the vanguard of fighting climate change are already committing to purchase the carbon credits produced by our farmers, rewarding their progress and incentivizing even bigger changes to restore the health of our planet
The purpose of this role is to help us expand this base of corporate supporters, by explaining our carbon credits to prospective buyers in a maximally compelling way.
Specifically, the Product Marketing Manager - Carbon Demand is responsible for designing and executing the plan to accelerate awareness and interest in our carbon credits for corporate buyers. In this newly created position, you will evolve our current marketing efforts into a plan for marketing content that communicates the benefits of our product to our customers.
- Develop deep empathy for our corporate customer, and define archetypal customer profiles and journeys
- Develop deep knowledge of our carbon credit product and how best to position it to these customers
- Create an activation plan for these customers that expresses how we will move them from awareness to purchase through steps geared toward their customer journey
- Develop a specific content plan that drives this activation through highly compelling content (including blog posts, webinars, and other deliverables)
- Lead the execution of this content in partnership with Indigo’s Marketing center of excellence and agriculture and climate experts
- Continuously assess progress and develop new insights about how best to appeal to our customers
Key Competencies & Qualifications:
- 3-6 years’ work experience, preferably in younger-stage venture
- Deep experience in product marketing, including setting marketing strategy and developing specific content to deliver it
- Deep experience positioning solutions to corporate sustainability programs, ideally including carbon offsets
- Proven track record of working cross-functionally, with business partners and technical partners, to design, deliver, and improve communications
- Experience managing complex and fast-paced projects with a high degree of ambiguity
- Strong trait of customer-centricity, with ability to connect customer needs to passionate storytelling