Manager, Agronomic Product Development
What if nature could be harnessed to help farmers sustainably feed the planet? Since 2014, Indigo has questioned agriculture's full value chain to improve grower profitability, environmental sustainability, and consumer health. The company’s scientific discoveries and digital innovations have amplified new value from soil to sale, benefiting more than 10,000 growers to date. In 2019, Indigo was ranked #1 on CNBC’s Disruptor 50 list. Headquartered in Boston, MA, Indigo has offices in Memphis, TN; Research Triangle Park, NC; Buenos Aires, Argentina; Basel, Switzerland; and São Paulo, Brazil.
As an Agronomic Product Development Manager at Indigo, you would have the opportunity to ideate, refine, and prototype tools that help farmers increase profitability and sequester carbon in their land. As someone who builds tools and features that impact grower decisions, you will gather insights directly from agronomists and growers, and merge them with the scientific knowledge on what decisions would be most impactful. You will test your products in the field, iterate, and prepare them for integration into Software.
Agronomic Product Development does not work alone. You will have the opportunity to collaborate with teams across Indigo with a diverse set of skillsets, including Agronomy, Design, Product, Software, Carbon Experimentation, Geo Innovation and Soil Carbon Science.
On the Agronomic Product Development team, you will have the chance to work closely with a team of design, business, science, and agronomic backgrounds. We are excited and passionate about the impact our work has on growers and the environment. We believe in large-scale change, and we believe that we can only make these changes by trying new ideas and taking risks. We also believe in having fun while doing it.
- Start to project manage and execute on reports for growers in Indigo Carbon, including managing the development of these reports with engineers
- Work with Software Product to develop a plan for reporting capabilities to live in the Carbon software platform
- Take ownership of the product management of the decision support beta tools; Work with agronomy and growers to continue to refine the product and build requirements for future software integration; Execute on continuous, user-centered improvement of prototypes
- Take deep understanding of Carbon business strategy and tie to product ideation and builds
- Take ownership of project management of the team’s agile process and sprints
- Build a strong working relationship with cross-functional teams, particularly across Indigo Carbon and Technology
- Learn and maintain a clear understanding of what regenerative practices and grower decisions are most important for maximizing carbon sequestration
- Perform compelling product demos that excite and delight customers and stakeholders
- Work with Carbon Software Product and Agronomic Product Development leadership to co-create a prioritized product roadmap that can support the future of Carbon products for the next 12-18 months
The requirements below are a wish list - not a hard set of “boxes” you need to check in order to move forward. The Indigo Carbon team is building an inclusive, team-oriented organization, and we want you to apply, regardless of whether you meet all of the requirements below.
- Undergraduate degree
- 4-7 years’ experience in software product management, prototyping, early product building, or related field
- Experience running complex projects with multiple stakeholders
- Ability to take complex and unstructured datasets and create structure and insights
- Experience with: SQL
- Passion for agriculture, sustainability, and/or climate change--or the curiosity to learn more
- Role can be remote or based in Boston. If remote, must be willing to travel up to 1 week per month to Boston
Indigo is committed to living our values, specifically “creating a work environment where everyone feels respected, connected, and has opportunities to learn and grow.” As part of living our values, we strive to create a diverse and inclusive work environment where everyone feels they can be themselves and has an equal opportunity of succeeding.