Head of Transport Offer Marketing – North America
Indigo is a company dedicated to harnessing nature to help farmers sustainably feed the planet. With a vision of creating a world where farming is an economically desirable and accessible profession, Indigo works alongside its growers to apply natural approaches, grow healthy food for all, and conserve resources for future generations. Utilizing beneficial plant microbes to improve crop health and productivity, Indigo’s portfolio is focused on cotton, wheat, rice, corn, and soybeans. The company is headquartered in Boston, MA, with commercial and customer service based in Memphis, TN. www.indigoag.com
The Head of Transport Offer Marketing – NA position is responsible for designing and executing the plan to bring the Indigo Transport Offer to market. This individual will develop marketing strategies and plans that communicate the benefits of Transport’s products to customers and users and will oversee efforts to align and enable internal teams and channel partners to bring the offer to market.
- Determine how to best articulate the value of each of Transport’s products and services in the Offer Portfolio to growers, Grain Marketing Advisor Partners, buyers, carriers, and shippers.
- Develop a framework to organize, manage, and communicate the scope of activities for Offer Marketing.
- Own Transport Offering’s brand positioning / related activities for the Offer in alignment with Indigo’s broader corporate strategy.
- Define the engagement and conversion metrics used to measure the performance of the marketing and sales efforts.
- Work with Marketing to create a 12-month marketing strategy aligned with business evolution and growth goals and a 6-month tactical plan that articulates key programs and events that will be used to drive awareness, enrollment, and adoption of Indigo Transport practices.
- Establish a prospective process for revising the strategy and plan.
- Build a Transport Offering Marketing calendar.
- Articulate the archetypal prospect profile for the current offer(s) to both shippers and carriers and document the current and ideal state prospect journeys from awareness to enrollment. Also develop an effective continuous feedback loop on both the marketing campaigns and offerings back into the team.
- Define segmentation within Shipper (Grower and Buyer) and Carrier prospect profiles and create qualification criteria for sales activities.
- Develop channel and segment-specific collateral and messaging to be used for all stages of the customer engagement funnel.
- Detail the sales motion at each stage of the user engagement funnel, perform a capability assessment of the sales team readiness to deliver and prepare an enablement plan to close any gaps.
- Discover the major industry conventions and forums relevant to Transport’s customer base and develop plan for Transport’s participation in order to be able to directly access our customer base.
- Ensure Indigo Transport is recognized as a thought leader and champion for the digital transformation / innovation in the dry bulk freight industry.
Indigo Mission & Values:
- Excited by Indigo’s mission; believes that Indigo can fundamentally change the agriculture industry; can clearly articulate passion for our mission and values
- Optimistic and innovative; solution-oriented; shows no signs of cynicism
- Will be widely viewed as someone who personifies our core values, is committed to them, and leans on them when making decisions. Specifically:
- Demonstrates a track record of high integrity - doing the right thing, owning mistakes, conducting oneself honestly
- Values, communicates and interacts with others with high levels of transparency and respect
- Collaborates well across functions; creates an inspiring and collegial work environment
- Strong farmer/carrier/shipper empathy and customer-centricity
- Ability to convert vision and strategy to tactical and executable plans; ability to rally stakeholders around that plan
- Ability to mobilize the Transport Offering Marketing plan to the broader distributed commercial team.
- Ability to work cross-functionally to deliver plans against targets
- Ability to lead confidently through ambiguity, creating structure and optimism amidst uncertainty
- Excellent verbal and written communications serving a wide variety of audiences, storytelling with passion and perspective
- A habit of observation, testing, measurement, and iteration as a tool to drive continuous improvement in an evolving market
- Relationship driven & customer centric driven mindset
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- 10+ years’ work experience in marketing, offer marketing, communications, sales team enablement, or related function
- Experience with dry bulk carrier business required
- Proven track record of high sales acumen, development of effective marketing campaigns, and successful meeting of growth targets.
- Proven ability to build, lead, manage, and empower a high-performing cross-functional team
- Significant experience in agriculture with an intimate understanding of farmer/carrier/shipper psychology
- Experience managing complex and fast-paced projects
- Experience in and comfortability with working in a matrixed environment
- MBA/advanced degree preferred
Indigo is committed to living our values, specifically “creating a work environment where everyone feels respected, connected, and has opportunities to learn and grow.” As part of living our values, we strive to create a diverse and inclusive work environment where everyone feels they can be themselves and has an equal opportunity of succeeding.