People Lead, Europe
What if nature could be harnessed to help farmers sustainably feed the planet? Since 2014, Indigo has questioned agriculture's full value chain to improve grower profitability, environmental sustainability, and consumer health. The company’s scientific discoveries and digital innovations have amplified new value from soil to sale, benefiting more than 10,000 growers to date. Indigo is also the company behind The Terraton Initiative, a global effort to drawdown one trillion tons of atmospheric carbon dioxide by unlocking the potential of agricultural soils. In 2019, Indigo was ranked #1 on CNBC’s Disruptor 50 list. Headquartered in Boston, MA, Indigo has additional offices in Memphis, TN; Research Triangle Park, NC; Buenos Aires, Argentina; Basel, Switzerland; and São Paulo, Brazil.
In the newly created role due to growth, the People Lead, Europe will be the custodian of Indigo’s culture and values across our org in Europe. You will have an opportunity to implement global processes and tools, and will integrate the local and culture-specific requirements into people-related practices.
- Design and deliver People and Talent solutions with a high degree of focus on scale and growth, including expanding our European footprint into new countries and locales, talent recruitment, assessment, change management and team building
- Provide strategic business partnership, thought partnership, and coaching to all levels of the organization
- Focus on Leadership Team development & Inclusion of country employees to EU HQ and Indigo overall
- Proactively work with leaders to assess team, manager, organizational development needs, make recommendations, and implement appropriate solutions
- Manage and own all vendor relationships necessary, including benefits and employment services providers across Europe
- Integrate and partner with People team colleagues in the Recruiting, Learning & Development, Compensation, Legal and Finance to implement solutions and help scale the business
- Participate and lead projects as an integral member of the extended People team
- Unafraid to challenge the status quo
- Maintains a positive attitude and sense of humor amidst chaos
- Commands respect from the country head and leadership team
- Operates from a place of trust, respect, and assuming good intent
- Able to balance business and people priorities
- Excellent people judgment; able to gain a pulse on the office
- Operates with an unbiased, objective point of view
- Comfortable dealing with ambiguity
- Willing to roll up their sleeves and get into the details; hands-on
- Capable of operating in multi-country legislative environment
- Able to understand cultural backgrounds and differences in Europe
- 5+ years’ of experience (HR generalist background)
- Experience working in an international organization
- Significant experience in organizational design
- Experience being a business partner; experience working in a matrixed environment
- Deep understanding of Europe talent market, talent laws, and employment matters including industry standards for benefits, compensation, etc.
- Experience recruiting and building a team a plus
- Understanding of the industry a plus
- Experience building something from scratch a plus
- Able to be based in Basel, Switzerland
Indigo is committed to living our values, specifically “creating a work environment where everyone feels respected, connected, and has opportunities to learn and grow.” As part of living our values, we strive to create a diverse and inclusive work environment where everyone feels they can be themselves and has an equal opportunity of succeeding.